Post by opencartisalright » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:42 pm

mwd wrote:This seems to have dropped off the radar.
Pity.

I too would be interested to integrate phpBB with my shops to allow support and community forums using the same login info.
I use Vanilla forums on my OpenCart site as they have a really easy embed fuction. You just place one line of javascript on an OpenCart page and bam, instant forum. It embeds the body of the forum, so the header and footer are still your opencart site. Makes your website look more fluid.

Not sure about bridging it though so users only have to log on once. I'm sure it can be done, but well beyond the scope of my abilities. :-\

Post by luxius99 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:39 am

@opencartisalright
Hi,
I had install the Vanilla 2 into my opencart forum, but could you give me the example
-------------------------
You just place one line of javascript on an OpenCart page and bam, instant forum.
-------------------------
Because I am not a programmer so I do not know how to do it.

Many Thanks and regards,

Post by matthewtimothy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:27 am

i will bump this for 2012!! :)

Post by qahar » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Just wondering, why you choose phpbb? I thought mybb is better?

Expert Member

Location - Indonesia

Post by showitoff » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:42 am

Has anyone made any progress on this? I would really like to see this implemented!

Post by saintlade » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:38 am

Another vote for a good potential extension any developers out there? Would definitely pay to have some sort of basic function which would allow users to login to a forum with their account details.

Post by davetest » Wed May 30, 2012 10:45 am

saintlade wrote:Another vote for a good potential extension any developers out there? Would definitely pay to have some sort of basic function which would allow users to login to a forum with their account details.
Me too!

Post by marcelwoo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:24 pm

I am now developing a phpbb-like decent enough forum module with opencart's framework. I have been doing this for a couple of months,'cause I have to build it from scratches. Now most features have been finished and I hope I can finish this long-time project within 2 weeks. It will have most features of phpbb3(user && moderator) and some it does not have. And it will come with a cache system(sql and html), which makes it run fast and reduce cup pressure.

Check this topic for update: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61536

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by TomC » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:48 pm

marcelwoo wrote:I am now developing a phpbb-like decent enough forum module with opencart's framework. I have been doing this for a couple of months,'cause I have to build it from scratches. Now most features have been finished and I hope I can finish this long-time project within 2 weeks. It will have most features of phpbb3(user && moderator) and some it does not have. And it will come with a cache system(sql and html), which makes it run fast and reduce cup pressure.

Check this topic for update: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=61536
VERY IMPRESSIVE thus far, marcelwoo !!!

I posted a comment in your linked thread above with some thoughts/suggestions for additional features
(if you hadn't already thought of them, that is).

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, marcelwoo !!!

;D

Location - California (USA)

Post by ITslick » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:33 am

this is looking great, single sign on to phpBB3 is what i need for open cart

Post by shuchin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 pm

dear marcelwoo

i really need this module/extension....because my clients need it.
you can sell it on opencart marketplace...i'll buy it in good price..of course ;D

i really appreciate what've you done..
keep up on great work

regards,

shuchin
Indonesia

Post by opencartchina » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Good news!

We have done it successfully!

http://www.yourdomain.com
http://www.yourdomain.com/bbs
The bbs tables and opencart tables are in the same database.

1. When the user register at phpbb, add it in opencart customer table;
2. when the user modify email, password, and modify it in opencart customer table;
3. when the customer regsiter at opencart, add it in phpbb users table;
4. when the customer modify email, password at opencart, and modify it in phpbb table.

You can contact me to do it for your system. My email is opencartchina@qq.com

OpenCart中国(http://www.opencartchina.com)
OpenCart中文论坛:http://www.opencartchina.com/bbs
Email: opencartchina@qq.com
QQ: 1487063622
OpenCart技术交流QQ 1群:282797742
OpenCart技术交流QQ 2群:298317506
OpenCart技术交流QQ 3群:198384554
OpenCart技术交流QQ 4群:227297836
中国版MyCnCart官方QQ群:473071696

Post by Andaho » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 pm

I've followed the links on this page, but they lead to abandoned projects.

I'm looking at adding a forum to my website for customers, and I have built a forum with phpbb before - so it's my first choice for that reason.

I don't want my customer to have to create a separate forum account, so I want simple functionality to bridge the accounts over to the forum - and disable registration on the forum side.

I have searched for a while, but I can't find anything other than threads like this and abandoned projects - searching the extensions shop, phpbb yields no results!

BUMP!

Post by graze » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:38 pm

Im guessing nobody is any further forward on this?

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:54 am

The only problem by integrating this platform is that no address book are required to be filled upon account registration on that end while OpenCart does make the enforcement to new customers to assign an address. If customers from phpbb would be imported and customers are leaded to the OpenCart checkout process, it would be a bit messy since the addresses would not be assigned with the account on all imported customers but only from those who did actually filled out their information and yet to know if the entered information are still relative ones for a E-Commerce platform.

OpenCart should re-check the addresses entered either by creating a new account or during the checkout process so that it would no longer matter if customers account would be about created accounts on the same platform or rather imported accounts from another platform.

On the other way around, importing topics without having the existing customer account email address may involve missing topics which is unfortunately not a better solution at this point.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by GaiaBudz » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:53 am

Daniel wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:05 am
this is easy todo.

just create a new folder and install phpbb.

now open up catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/header.tpl

place a link to the forum.
Sorry that this post is from 11 years ago, and I am necroing it. But do you mind elaborating by what you mean by creating new folder and installing phpbb? I’m sure I could figure out what to do as far as opening catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/header.tpl and adding the link, just not sure what you mean before that step

I am in the process of planning a webstore to have a community along with it, and while bridged accounts would be interesting they aren’t nessecary. I am only used to add a page that when you click opens up the forum’s link in another page, it doesn’t actually have association with the same server the website itself would be hosted on. But I know that isn’t exactly the proper method, however I don’t know any other way

Again very sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread