Post by sglobi » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:13 am

I'm sorry if I'm bugging or if this is an old topic ( It should be by default ) . But all the previews in the marketplace are awfull & useless regarding the pictures. Is there a chance that this can be improved ? by a zoom functionality or something similar ? I'm literally opening every picture in a new tab and zooming to see it's pixelated 300x300 pixels version, by guessing what the functionality might be? This is a must in my opinion . Especially coming from a platform that provides e-commerce software product, which in my opinion is really advanced in every other direction. I really like opencart , but picking up an extension is quite ... frustrating from this point of view.

Post by OSWorX » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:41 pm

If the developers are lazy and post only screenshots of the whole screen instead of the specific, ask themselve why they are not publishing correct images.
Or what do you mean?

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by sglobi » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Well still .. I think bigger image resolutions should be allowed aswell as zoom functionality. Do you think it's because they(developers of the extensions) are just uploading a low-resolution images ? I think there is a resolution limitation and no image zoom functionality. Correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously you guys know better ( I really mean this )... It would be a lot better if we had a better previews.

Post by DigitCart » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi
it is 500x500 pixel, yes, I think it is too small.
I insert my screenshots inside description.

My Extensions

Post by OSWorX » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:13 am

Every developer can upload proper images and/or videos too.
Here 2 samples:
Video: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=37724
Images only: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=34646

As fas as I can see, at both you see everything the extension is for.
So 500 x 500 is big enough.
Though, a zoom function would be a nice addon.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by sglobi » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:13 pm

How can anyone even say that 500x500 is big enough ??????????????????????????????

SERIOUSLY ! CAN YOU READ AT LEAST ONE TEXT in the given picture previews ?. THIS IS MERELY A PREVIEW. It's 2019 , not 1990s ! There are extensions priced at $200 and i don't think this is a good preview for heir products. It's just a matter of increasing teh size and implementing a nice free open source plugin with zoom functionality . C'mon it's for extensions sold that do magic in opencart. I just don't believe that this is a serious conversation.

Am I the only person that's not blind ?

500x500 is just not enough !!!
PLEASE MAKE A CHANGE FOR THIS. EVERYONE WILL BE EXTREMELY GRATEFULL!

Post by OSWorX » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:34 pm

Cool down baby!

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Johnathan » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:29 pm

Pretty much everyone agrees: the images in the marketplace are too small. Unfortunately, it's been that way from the start and Daniel doesn't seem intent on improving it, so that's what we stuck with. For now developers use work-arounds to show better images, but I'm still holding on to hope that someday it'll be improved by the OpenCart team.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by OSWorX » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:42 am

Johnathan wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:29 pm
Pretty much everyone agrees: the images in the marketplace are too small.
Nothing to say against.
But, if you look around - most of the so called "Extensions" display only screenshots where nobody may identify what shall be shown.
And that goes then "hand in hand" with the qualitity of those extension.

So, a short rule could be: the less you see, the more let the finger from that extension!

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by sglobi » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:33 am

I'll stay speechless about the proposed solutions or resolutions. This is the weirdest answer i've ever encountered.
Anyway ... hopefully someone else will read this too and hopefully will be fixed.

Post by head_dunce » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:19 pm

I came here to complain about the same thing. The shopping experience for OC extensions is very bad. Completely confused by it since it's my understanding the paid extensions are what support the core code.

Jim
https://www.carguygarage.com
Yahoo Store since 2006 moved to OpenCart on January 24, 2020

Post by head_dunce » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:34 am

Been almost a month since I last posted. Since then I've gone live with OC and do really like the application. Sadly I've now purchased extensions that are no longer in the OC marketplace but had been previously. Just posting this here in the hopes that someone on the core teams sees the need to address the problem.

Jim
https://www.carguygarage.com
Yahoo Store since 2006 moved to OpenCart on January 24, 2020