Post by Gordo111 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:07 am

Hi all,

I'm sure I'm not the only person who is struggling with this, and please before an expert jumps in to say speak to the developers know I have tried in vain to get in touch with Journal. That's why I'm here. Also I use Journal as it's the most widely sold OpenCart theme, I like the way it looks and I'm not changing it now.

My problem is that the URL's being generated look pretty poor and I'd like something better. So at the moment the URL would look like:
https://anywebsite.co.uk/index.php?rout ... duct_id=85

and I'd prefer:
https://anywebsite.co.uk/product/this_product

I've seen loads of extensions but unsure of which works with Journal 3. I currently have OpenCart 3.1.1 if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Gordon
Last edited by Gordo111 on Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by JAY6390 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:27 am

If it's just pretty URLs you want, you can enable them in your admin area on the SERVER tab, called "Use SEO URLs". You then need to add in the seo keywords on products/categories etc in the "DATA" tab. You may need to rename .htaccess.txt to .htaccess too in your main directory for it to work

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by Gordo111 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:37 am

JAY6390 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:27 am
If it's just pretty URLs you want, you can enable them in your admin area on the SERVER tab, called "Use SEO URLs". You then need to add in the seo keywords on products/categories etc in the "DATA" tab. You may need to rename .htaccess.txt to .htaccess too in your main directory for it to work
Hi Jay,

Brilliant I'll try that now and let you know how I get on. Thanks a million.

Gordon

Post by Gordo111 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:59 am

JAY6390 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:27 am
Worked perfectly! Thanks so so much!