Post by Daniel » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:08 am

Robster I fixed the problem and you should be able to download now.

By the way guys selling extensions has turned out better than expected. I have sold an extension every day and today I have sold 4 extensions in one day. I'm currently working on paypal adaptive payments to split the payments so people can get paid straight away.

I really recommend uploading some extensions or themes now. The 2 people who have uploaded so far have sold quite a few extensions.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Daniel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:59 am

past order transactions are now viewable.

OpenCart®
Project Owner & Developer.

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 am

Nice work! It actually works really well

Administrator

Post by Xsecrets » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:42 am

just curious since you don't have the paypal automatic payments working yet what is the current payment timeframe for the authors of paid extensions?

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:44 am

I think he was doing once per month or per week or something

Administrator

Post by benjamin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:48 am

Hi Dan,

one of my customers told me he wanted to give my extension a vote of 5 stars. Then he accedently activated only 2 (apple....). Now he's not able to change this. Bad voting for me. Can you add the option to change the voting later on? The voting looks pretty bad now and you already earned 20% :(

cheers
Benjamin

--------------------------------------------------------
Bar54 | Toys in Capetown | Catering in Stuttgart

Location - Germany

Post by MikeA » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:10 am

A perhaps not so small issue you may like to deal with Daniel: the GPL.

You distribute OC under the GPL. The GPL states quite clearly that any code which extends the original as an integrated part of it becomes part of the whole. Unless extension developers are very aware of law and how to develop in conformity with it, it would mean that anything developed becomes part of your OC licence. To make matters worse the GPL allows redistribution. So any client obtaining a paid module can redistribute at will - and free of charge if they want to.[1]

The debate about the foregoing has raged with regard to the WordPress Thesis theme.

Fortunately, in my case I have considerable knowledge and practice of law. Enough to be careful with my own developments. However, extension developers here may not be so fortunate and may meet concerns when people distribute and reuse their commercial modules for free.

I only mention the foregoing for two reasons. 1) You may care to take professional advice about this issue to protect your own interests and those of extension developers. 2) If extension developers expecting a return for their efforts meet the kind of concerns expressed in the Thesis debate it could potentially cause the demise of OC amongst the development community at a stage when it's really starting to climb towards top position in the market. That would be a shame because OC is far better than well known competitors like Magento, and a phenomenal credit to yourself.

Personally, I would change away from GPL to something more protective of developers. It is they that will ultimately drive OC.

HTH a little...

Mike

[1] A recent UK court decision (July 2010) clarified the issue in relation to some types of code that would have become derivatives but for the care taken to make separation from the core. However, not all developers are masters of interfaces and OC is not easy to avoid derivative code.

Post by Xsecrets » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 am

benjamin wrote:Hi Dan,

one of my customers told me he wanted to give my extension a vote of 5 stars. Then he accedently activated only 2 (apple....). Now he's not able to change this. Bad voting for me. Can you add the option to change the voting later on? The voting looks pretty bad now and you already earned 20% :(

cheers
Benjamin
LOL I did the same thing myself to the first free module after the extension directory was upgraded and gave it a 1 cause there wasn't really indication that clicking on the star is how you rate. It would be nice if they at least change on hover if you haven't voted on that extension yet.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by JAY6390 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 am

Thanks for that article Mike, that's an interesting read 8)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by nicudica » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi Daniel.

An small request for extension order, please add also the email or the nick of the customer (in the seller area) who buy the mods.
It will be very useful if there will be any updates or fixes.
Thank you,
Regards,
Nicu

Location - Bucharest / Romania

Post by tanicos » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:41 am

great directory indeed..i'd suggest to increase the 2mb filesize since the PSD files for the templates can go up to 5mb and then the zip compression goes over 2mb.

i was just trying to upload 2 templates which zip have 2.3 mb and 3.4mb and it's uploading for 30 minutes. i don't get any error messages saying the file is too big or something like that. also the file is not uploading at all.

$20 Open Cart Templates http://www.onlinetemplates.org
Tanicos Web 2.0 Design

Post by davykeenan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:06 am

Hi Daniel, This is a request that would benefit all developers, I was wondering if you could put a link on the extension page (see image below) to allow visitors to click on the link and see all the mods/ext/themes by that developer?

I myself have searched for extension and found a great one, then wondered what other ext's that developer had designed.

Thanks

p.s. I have been a web designer for about 10 years now and tested lots of shopping cart systems (OS and Comercial), and i must say opencart IS the best i have worked with, i like it better that Actinic, Virtuemart and definitely better than OScommerse. So just wanted to take this opportunity to echo what you must have heard a thousand times, but thanks and keep up the good work, all the best, David Keenan (DK Networking)

Post by davykeenan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:40 am

Any chance of this? Or even a response?

Davy K

Thanks daniel and oc team,

Perfect :)
Last edited by davykeenan on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by creativa » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:24 am

I see that the feature request for David is ready.
::) I have other request:
Maybe under the "Views" you can add the number of downloads of extension, for example:
Downloaded: 7 times.
It´s just a suggestion ;)

Opencart Template Store
Commercial themes: Sweet Rose, Sweet Yellow, Electronic Blue, Electronic Pink and more...
Free theme: Non Inline Css

Location - Uruguay

Post by davykeenan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:58 am

creativa wrote:I see that the feature request for David is ready.
::) I have other request:
Maybe under the "Views" you can add the number of downloads of extension, for example:
Downloaded: 7 times.
It´s just a suggestion ;)
I was going to jump on the band waggon and say this would be a good idea, but thought about it and there is a reason not to do this.

If you are selling your extension, then you know how many times its been downloaded, it's really only if your add a free extension that you would need this...

I think this would lead to more people selling their 'free extensions', nothing wrong with this but I believe Opencart needs a good mix of free and paid extensions, so this may not be the best thing to add.

I look at it this way if you were giving it away for free then you really didn't care if you got paid for it, thats until 1000 people download it then you want to cash in (its to late anyway then)...

Not sure this would be worth the time... just for an ego boost.... I could be wrong...

Post by davykeenan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:22 am

Daniel wrote:I really recommend uploading some extensions or themes now.
Hi Daniel,

I was going through the extensions and there are a few duplicates, well not really duplicates, more forwarders and they just take up space, any chance of deleting them or informing the developer not to use 2 spaces to sell one extension.

It is a bit misleading when you search for free extensions and you get pointed to paid one's.

Don't really want to name drop but I can PM you the links if you want.

Davy K

UPDATE: Daniel, is there a way to delete or disable an extension?
Last edited by davykeenan on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by creativa » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:28 am

davykeenan wrote: Not sure this would be worth the time... just for an ego boost.... I could be wrong...
Hi Davy,
I don´t know, maybe I'm wrong,
already exists in the criteria order by downloads
and other websites like templatemonster or themeforest display this data.

We'll let Daniel choose.

:-X

Opencart Template Store
Commercial themes: Sweet Rose, Sweet Yellow, Electronic Blue, Electronic Pink and more...

Location - Uruguay

Post by davykeenan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:40 am

Yeah, never noticed the most downloaded before, probably never needed it, oh well.

Your probably right, I just can't keep my mouth shut :laugh: I get it in my head and its got to come out :P

Was just thinking out loud, would probably be useful to know....

Davy K

Post by creativa » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:11 am

Or maybe you're right
and I am a very curious woman :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers, Creativa.

Opencart Template Store

Location - Uruguay

Post by davykeenan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:32 am

creativa wrote:Or maybe you're right
and I am a very curious woman :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers, Creativa.
Well, we will see what the master decides.

Just out of curiosity do you have any mods/ext listed?

Davy K