Post by bajaber » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:40 am

ash_in99 wrote:Chances are, those are actual users but to claim the refund they claim it to paypal?
Am really worried about this...I plan to support paypal and credit card payments (via paypal too)...

Is it possible after someone orders my product, and I deliver it, then they reverse the payment?

Post by Xsecrets » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am

bajaber wrote:
ash_in99 wrote:Chances are, those are actual users but to claim the refund they claim it to paypal?
Am really worried about this...I plan to support paypal and credit card payments (via paypal too)...

Is it possible after someone orders my product, and I deliver it, then they reverse the payment?
of course it is. Anytime you sell something be it online in store whatever if the person paid with a credit card they can do a chargeback.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:01 am

Yea.. our world is based on the honor system. The Credit Card companies protect the buyer completely. When a buyer calls the CC about a fraudulent charge, even if they are just trying to scam, they CC company "rips" the money back from the merchant account. Just like the whole "innocent till proven guilty" is really more like "guilty till proven innocent", the credit card companies aren't polite about "inquiring" about a chargeback.. they grab it back.. and say its fraud till proven valid... and proving it is difficult. Even with shipping records. This is just how life is.

I recommend you remove indonesia & nigeria from your country list

Administrator

Post by robster » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:09 am

Yeah it is a sad bad world we live in, full of theiving b@st@rds.

if you want an idea of which countries to avoid (as well as those listed by Number 1 above) you could do worse than check out eBay's do's and don'ts on this subject. They have a pretty good idea who to trust and who to 'swerve around'.

By the way PayPal payments can be taken back at any time whether the payment is made using credit card or not! They have their own brutal 'screw the merchant first' system.

Rob

I know my place...!

Location - North Yorkshire, UK

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 am

robster wrote:By the way PayPal payments can be taken back at any time whether the payment is made using credit card or not! They have their own brutal 'screw the merchant first' system.

Rob
At least with paypal-to-payment payment chargebacks, you are given the option to refund the customers money and spare yourself the $25 chargeback fee.. For Credit Card companies, even if you wanted to refund the customer, too late.. they already have their money and you get stuck with the chargeback fee.

But If the customer pays through paypal with a credit card, it will still charge the $25 chargeback

Administrator

Post by robster » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:18 am

Damn, I didn't know that........

I know my place...!

Post by bajaber » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:56 am

Oh maaaan...this sux :(

Nigeria is a no-no. I only enjoy reading about them at the scamorama website. Hilarious stuff.

Darn...I can't afford to risk it.

Here's a question....what if as soon as I receive the payment from the customer, I use it to purchase something else online, or send it to another account?
Last edited by bajaber on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by robster » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:00 am

This is the way of life - that's it!

Purchasing something else quickly will not prevent PayPal taking the money back as they have a direct line to your bank account and they can drag it back from there quicker than you can spend it anyway - in fact at any time.

I know my place...!

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 am

bajaber wrote:Oh maaaan...this sux :(

Nigeria is a no-no. I only enjoy reading about them at the scamorama website. Hilarious stuff.

Darn...I can't afford to risk it.

Here's a question....what if as soon as I receive the payment from the customer, I use it to purchase something else online, or send it to another account?
You are overthinking it... This is just how ecommerce works. From Amazon, to Walmart, to anywhere. From the first time someone paid by credit card online in the history of the world, this has been an potential issue.. in 11ish years of online shopping this has always been the case. It's not a major deal because most people aren't douchebags. If they were then ecommerce would have folded a long time ago. Don't worry so much about that "one" guy.

Even in brick & mortar stores, you could goto the market, buy something while wearing a hat and scarf over your face, go home and call the CC company can claim fraud. This started when the first credit system was invented.

Administrator

Post by raadio13 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 am

My order id 12506.
Its system is stuppid its veisting my time and nervs.
I want do downlod it and put in my opencart system oredy.

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 am

Then stop using 3rd world email providers and just get one that works. Activated

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:38 am

Perhaps we can improve this a bit by forcing only those whose opencart.com email doesn't match their paypal email.

Administrator

Post by bajaber » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:00 am

ash_in99 wrote:Anyone can tell me how to ask a refund if extension not working as described or somethings are keep hidden from the user which make this useless for any particular person.
Hmm....maybe you can tell us which extension and we can help you.

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:21 am

ash_in99 wrote:Anyone can tell me how to ask a refund if extension not working as described or somethings are keep hidden from the user which make this useless for any particular person.
You can try to contact the developer using the comment form. If they don't reply in a few days, you can contact use and we can take a look at the issue and apply the refund.

Administrator

Post by openmycart.com » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:56 am

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here

Post by openmycart.com » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:38 pm

so what is wrong if I had to explain? that in fact Indonesia has changed step by step and day by day we do not look back but we will continue striving to combat the crime are important, you manage your country which you admit is now the number 3 most corrupt.

Find and get many various of opencart modules, themes, mods, etc for your opencart store at http://www.openmycart.com/oc/, OPENCART SITE customization and Maintenance supports at here

Post by robster » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm

...yes but can we get back to the point of this thread please and move the increasing anger to another thread / forum!!!

I know my place...!

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:41 am

robster wrote:...yes but can we get back to the point of this thread please and move the increasing anger to another thread / forum!!!
Scam topic split to here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25761

Back on topic here please...

Administrator

Post by openmycart.com » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:13 am

robster wrote:...yes but can we get back to the point of this thread please and move the increasing anger to another thread / forum!!!
@Q
never mind, now we on the topic :P many thanks

Post by Qphoria » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:00 am

We have had a few cases of people reselling extensions and themes that do not belong to them. This goes without saying but let it be forewarned that there is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on reselling and infringement. If we find an account that is selling another developer's work the account will be disabled instantly and any pending transactions that you made on the items will be added to the true developer's account.

Even if you sell your own mods but add one that is not yours, if we catch you, you forfeit all money made on any transactions.

This is one of the actual benefits to the end of the month payout, it gives us 30 days to stop things like this.

Administrator