Post by MulehammerPS » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:08 am

I don't know if anybody else had or has this problem. But my rates for next day, next day air, 3 day select, ect. for UPS are all wrong. They are a couple hundred dollars more than they should be. Although the standard ground is dead on, which makes no sense. I am a drop shipper so I use my supplier's zip code since thats where it is coming from. Just to let you know in advance I don't know how to rewrite code or anything. I used templates for everything. I do have a basic understanding of it but I don't know how to access anything to change any code.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Jack

opencart V.1.4.9.5

Post by Qphoria » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:15 am

Not sure what to tell you. The rates all come from UPS directly. There is no conversion done and if there was, the conversion would happen to all the rates the same way as they all pass through the same function. Try with different addresses and see if the results vary.

Administrator

Post by MulehammerPS » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:22 am

Thank you I'll try that. So this is something on UPS's end then?

Post by mberlant » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Have you done anything to your store with regard to currency conversion? What follows is pure supposition, but it's worth thinking about, at least.

The key that made me go to currency conversion is your mention that ground pricing is correct, but air pricing is wrong. About what percentage off are the air rates? About the same percentage as the conversion rate between US Dollars and UK Pounds?

I am guessing that since UPS' air services can send packages internationally, the prices you receive from them are being run through a currency conversion routing. However, since UPS' ground services are domestic only, these prices are never run through that conversion.

It's a remote chance that my theory is correct, but maybe this will spur some better ideas.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by MulehammerPS » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:36 am

WOW that is a great theroy. Unfortunately I don't think I did anything involving conversions. I have USD set as default and origin country is US. Other than that I don't know what else to check other than those 2 things involving currency. Also I just did the math. Example: UPS 2nd day air from California to Pennsylvainia is $25.37. That amount = 15.47(GBP). My website is charging $111.30. so even if you reversed the numbers the percentage is not there. But still, that is a great theroy. I can tell you are a thinking man (or woman idk). Thank you so much for your input I hope you have some more great ideas.

Post by mberlant » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 am

I only mentioned that theory because it is not intuitively obvious in 1.4.9.x that when you change the default currency from UK Pounds to something else, like US Dollars, you must also go back and manually set the new default currency's conversion rate to 1. If you do not do that you will find some conversion artifacts do not properly realign themselves to the new default currency.

If you change the default currency and then disable or remove the other currency(ies) you will never bump into this anomaly, though it still will be there. I noticed that your store keeps the other currencies available as a courtesy to your customers, so it made me think of that.

Sorry that you couldn't find a percentage to fit that theory. I'll put my thinking cap back on.

Please use proper English at all times, so that all members may understand you.

Post by MulehammerPS » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:55 am

My default was set to 1 and I went ahead and disabled all other currencies and still came up with the same amounts. I finally heard back from UPS and this is what she said:

Thank you for your inquiry. I understand your frustration. To further assist you, please reply to this email with the following information:

1. Your complete XML request and response files associated with the error. If you are using Web Services, be sure to include the SOAP envelope and the SOAP security header.

Note: Please place the request and reply into a single ZIP file and add this ZIP file as an attachment to your reply. Simply copying the code into an email makes it unusable for troubleshooting.

2. Your UPS account number.

Once we receive this information, we will be able to address your issue in the most efficient manner.

Now I have no idea what she is talking about, all I did was enter my info in the shipping module. And they want info that can't provide. I'm starting to get frustrated and ready to delete the site and just sell on ebay. I figured out all my other problems on my own but this one eludes me. I've spent more time on problems, that I don't have time to put my full inventory up.
In any case thank you for trying

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:22 am

I will have to add some debug to get the xml print out of the UPS communcation. I've added it to USPS already for the same reasons so it would be good to add to UPS as well.. just gotta find some time

Administrator

Post by sjudd » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:44 am

We have also been having problems with the UPS rates obtained by the module. Ground domestic rates are close but never exact, but overnight and international rates are way off (by hundreds of dollars always too low). I have spent hours on the phone with UPS and still have no clue. We only use one currency. We are using version 1.4.9.1.

Any ideas? Has this issue been fixed in a more recent release?

Post by MulehammerPS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:15 am

I was told someone was going to look into it and thats the last I heard. I found a UPS module on the qdomain but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $45 on something I already had. I don't know if it will fix it or exactly what it does but its there and if you want try it let me know if it works. And if I hear anything of a fix I'll be sure to post it, unlike some others in this community.
Personally I am saving up and purchasing an actual e-commerce cart(from someone who has actual support)
I'm sure this post will piss someone off

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 am

Well i'm the qdomain
Ive ported most of the features from my module into the built-in module

Still, I've compared the rates from the cart and the rates from UPS.com time after time and they are dead on accurate everytime:

I just tested this right now and again... exact match:
http://screencast.com/t/cMkXm2WYRk

Then I tried it again with more weight and from USA to Canada:... exact match
http://screencast.com/t/gcI0mHQ7P08

The UPS API is the same no matter which extension.
As of v1.4.9.5 I added the Avg dimensions & insurance options to the core version of UPS (anything 5x5x5 or less is rated the same) which was only available in my version initially. I'm discontinuing my version to focus only on the one in the core, and I've tested it a dozen times with exact results every time.

I think maybe you are not realizing that the UPS extension only supports a single package and you are trying to ship multiple packages. If you want each item to have its own dimensions and be its own package, then there is an addon for the UPS extension here that enables individual package mode: http://theqdomain.com/ocstore/ups-deluxe

Without that mod, the cart is considered to be a single package at the cart weight.

Administrator

Post by MulehammerPS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:42 am

Ive ported most of the features from my module into the built-in module

Just to clarify, are your saying is your module fixes it? or are you saying that we have a different problem altogether

Post by sjudd » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:43 am

Is there a way to log the exchange between opencart and ups for diagnostics?

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:07 pm

MulehammerPS wrote:Ive ported most of the features from my module into the built-in module

Just to clarify, are your saying is your module fixes it? or are you saying that we have a different problem altogether
I'm saying that there is no problem. My module and the core module return the exact same rates as they are returned from UPS

Administrator

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:08 pm

sjudd wrote:Is there a way to log the exchange between opencart and ups for diagnostics?
Yes, I have added a debug mode to UPS for 1.4.9.6

Administrator

Post by sjudd » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Is the debug mode also in v1.5.1?
And how is it used?

Post by MulehammerPS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Please ignore my last post I didn't scroll the whole way down the page.

I only tried to ship 1 item at a time so I don't think thats the issue. Not to mention the fact that the price is almost a $100 more than it should be. If I was trying to ship multiples and it was not reading it correctly it should read less. But thank you for your input. If you have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

Also where can I find the info from my previous post
Your complete XML request and response files associated with the error. If you are using Web Services, be sure to include the SOAP envelope and the SOAP security header.

Post by Qphoria » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:31 pm

MulehammerPS wrote:Please ignore my last post I didn't scroll the whole way down the page.

I only tried to ship 1 item at a time so I don't think thats the issue. Not to mention the fact that the price is almost a $100 more than it should be. If I was trying to ship multiples and it was not reading it correctly it should read less. But thank you for your input. If you have any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

Also where can I find the info from my previous post
Your complete XML request and response files associated with the error. If you are using Web Services, be sure to include the SOAP envelope and the SOAP security header.
You can't until I release the new version with debug enabled. I'll try to get that out tomorrow

Administrator

Post by MulehammerPS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:33 pm

OK, Thank you

Post by uncleremus » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:42 am

I am using OpenCart 1.5.0 and the UPS module it fairly accurate for ground shipping but I am getting grossly overstated quotes for next day and 2 day delivery as compared with the quotes from the UPS site.

Has this issue been addressed? Has anyone found a solution? I don't see where I can see any debugging information either. Has that been included in 1.5.0? If so, where is it?

Thank you.