Post by dram » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi 2 all,

I have read about a request, just can't find the topic, so I'll start a new one...

I had read that there was an inquiry about being able to have an image for each single product option in checkboxes, select drop down or radio based options.

Also a SKU (Product Sub Id) per option goes together with this.

I have implemented this for the time being on the admin side, for a cosmetics based store it is required i.e. for makeup articles to have an image per option (i.e. color) ....

if there is any interest I can up the code (just a minor modification to some admin files) ...

Also as I am going to do a front-end implementation I would be happy about suggestions on how (suppose someone is interested) you would like this images to be shown?
So simply I need your input in order to make it look good, depending on your needs....

I have upped an image of how things look on the admin side.... so Daniel... if you are interested... I can donate the code....

:)
Andie
options.jpg

Options on Admin Side enhanced with per option image + sku - options.jpg (89.97 KiB) Viewed 2667 times

Post by Nextep » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Could you please post how you accomplished this?

Post by theo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:09 am

This is something people have asked for in the general section because so many companies use the same pre SKU code then seperate the last 2/3/4 digits for Colour, (in my case) valve type, connection type (male/female) etc and at the moment only part of the manufacturers code can be used so it is good old manual entry on the rest of it.

If you have this working for 1.5.x and want it tested I am literally in the early stages of data entry with the shop and we plan to go live in the next few weeks.

Post by raymanj » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:04 am

I would be interested in this option. Need to be able to have a new sku for every color of the product

Post by karadev » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:20 pm

hi, i need this option too, it is very useful for many and may be will added in the core of OC in future :)

http://www.karadev.net
http://www.webshop.karadev.net

Location - Varna, Bulgaria

Post by john123 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:59 am

I am really interested on this.
In OPENCART 1.5.X - Model No. is the unique identification for the products.
Is it possible to have MODEL NO. instead of SKU ?
Anyway Great job 'Dram'
:)

Post by john123 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:03 am

Hello Andie,
When will this Plugin be available for us to use?
This looks really great for our clothing store....
Please le us know.....
Thanks!

Post by spitfires » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:39 am

This should be added to the core code as many sites need this ability. While there are mods that can be used to accomplish this, the fact remains that this should be a core feature as this idea is an industry standard now.

Implementation would be flexible in that it is not mandatory/required and customization of image properties are easily modified in the template files.

Dram/Andie - please post the code so I can test it. Thx

Post by Qphoria » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:08 am

Administrator