Post by SVN » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:50 pm

When I try tu surf to the Upgrade Script PHP I get error. The same error is show when I would like to go to the admin.

Error: Unknown column 'store_id' in 'where clause'
Error No: 1054
SELECT * FROM setting WHERE store_id = '0' OR store_id = '0' ORDER BY store_id ASC

SVN

Post by Qphoria » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:52 pm

SVN wrote:When I try tu surf to the Upgrade Script PHP I get error. The same error is show when I would like to go to the admin.

SELECT * FROM setting WHERE store_id = '0' OR store_id = '0' ORDER BY store_id ASC
No, that is what happens if you surf to your main site or an incorrect path off of your site.
In this case you likely have a typo in the url or didn't upload the files

Administrator

Post by SVN » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:27 am

Qphoria wrote:
SVN wrote:When I try tu surf to the Upgrade Script PHP I get error. The same error is show when I would like to go to the admin.

No, that is what happens if you surf to your main site or an incorrect path off of your site.
In this case you likely have a typo in the url or didn't upload the files
Sorry you were right :drunk:

But after it sead "succesfull" I can't get on my admin page... Page not found it says... Did the ctrl F5, tried another computer... What did I do wrong now ?

SVN

Post by Qphoria » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:31 am

page not found means it didn't have the right path or something else. Are you sure your config.php and admin/config.php are correct?

Administrator

Post by SVN » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:00 am

Qphoria wrote:page not found means it didn't have the right path or something else. Are you sure your config.php and admin/config.php are correct?
Yep, the config.php had 0 bytes, so there must be something wrong :-) Did copy the original over, another fault of me.

Thx for the help Q !!

SVN

Post by Digital Sushi » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:18 pm

I've completed the upgrade and everything seems to be fine. The default theme won't load, only my one from 1.4 will. All the files are there for the 1.5 theme.

EDIT: It seems as though none of the options are saving under Settings.

Location - South Africa

Post by i2Paq » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Xsecrets wrote:no the second poster is correct it has to do with upgrade. I just ran into this too. From what I can tell the upgrade script does not handle users that are not in the default group properly and their default addresses do not get set properly.
See: Undefined index: country_id in tax.php

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by mosesg » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:03 am

I had started a thread with the issue I am having and Was advised that I had to follow these steps. However I have followed these steps to the final detail and have been able to replicate my issue on multiple install and upgrade attempts when trying to re import my backup.

Notice: Error: Unknown column 'meta_keywords' in 'field list'
INSERT INTO `category_description` (`category_id`, `language_id`, `name`, `meta_keywords`, `meta_description`, `description`) VALUES ('73', '1', 'Air Compressor Generator Welder', '', '', '') in /home/nels11/public_html/secure/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

I installed a fresh copy on a new subdomain using a older 1.4 install then followed upgrade script instructions then proceed to upgrade to 1.5.1 not even going straight to .3 and continue to have this problem.
It is causing my product categories to not load and 99% of products load but some do not.
The upgrade script returns success when it is ran however reports a false positive

* however when I did the fresh install to a older version my backup loads without issues

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Try running the beta2 upgrade script again

Administrator

Post by mosesg » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:10 pm

OpenCart 1.x Upgrade Script (BETA)
LINE 147: [2] mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
LINE 147: [2] mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
SUCCESS!!! Click here to goto your store
OpenCart.com

then attempt to run restore and get the following
Notice: Error: Unknown column 'meta_keywords' in 'field list'
INSERT INTO `category_description` (`category_id`, `language_id`, `name`, `meta_keywords`, `meta_description`, `description`) VALUES ('73', '1', 'Air Compressor Generator Welder', '', '', '') in /home/nels11/public_html/secure/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

someone stated to me in a thread that running the upgrade script wont allow you to restore your backup file. since there has been changes to the database

Post by oturkcapar » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Hello
I did all steps and i had no errors.
After i finished i try to open my site and there is a blank page without any warning. I tried to login admin page and it is same too..
Do you have any idea?

Thanks

Post by Qphoria » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:03 am

blank usually means there is a php error but it is hidden.

1. EDIT: index.php and admin/index.php

2. FIND:

Code: Select all

<?php
3. AFTER, ADD:

Code: Select all

ini_set("display_errors",1); 
error_reporting(E_ALL);
Save and try to reload.. hopefully this time it shows the errors.

Administrator

Post by oturkcapar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Thanks for reply.
I upgraded my cart with my own and long style. but no problem and it works well.

Thanks again.

Post by samdz » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Hello,

I have try to uprgad from 1.4.9.3 to 1.5.1.1

but I don't see the category also the menu and the porducts, also I can't access to module page.

for this I have made a new install for 1.4.9.3 and I have upgrade. the result is same.

for the product we can find when make search

see the attachement.

Thank's

Attachments

error.png

error.png (39.93 KiB) Viewed 22643 times

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:25 am

samdz wrote:Hello,

I have try to uprgad from 1.4.9.3 to 1.5.1.1

but I don't see the category also the menu and the porducts, also I can't access to module page.
This is exactly correct.

Lets all read the first post...together:
What to Expect after upgrading from 1.4.x to 1.5.x
  1. Your theme will be set to the default opencart 1.5.x theme
  2. You will not see any modules or products on the homepage yet, only the header and footer.
    You need to go into the Admin->Extensions->Modules page and add your modules to see products on the front.
  3. Your products, categories, customers, orders will all be safe and viewable in the admin area
  4. If you had any 3rd party modules from 1.4.x installed, you may see errors like "Document::setTitle". That means the module was not updated yet. You should uninstall it from the modules area and get the latest update from the author of the mod
  5. There are new menus in the admin, so be sure to go through them.
Wasn't that fun?! ;)

Administrator

Post by SebastianJu » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:44 am

Hello,

i want to update my shop from 1.4.8 to 1.5.3.

For this i downloaded my shop from live to local and will test how to update. So i will see problems that will occur and can write down all the steps needed to change until the shop is ready.

My question is, what would be the best way to update the live shop.

Making a backup before is a must i think. I took a look when the most less visitors are on my site so i will start the update at this time. But then, how to update best? Block the liveshop for the time so that no orders are made that could vanish? Make the update on livesystem or on local system and upload it then?

Downloading and uploading takes some time, making the changes will take time too even when i would have done it before. And i would need to block the shop somehow so that no dead orders are happening or the customers are confused about the strange looking shop.

Whats the best way to do this that is fast and most less confusing for the customers?

Thanks!
Sebastian

Post by jty » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:03 pm

SebastianJu wrote:Whats the best way to do this that is fast and most less confusing for the customers?
If it were me, firstly, I would set-up my 1.5 version locally using something like xampp on my PC. Like you said, write down all the changes especially the database changes, write an sql script for my customised database changes.

When it's all working properly on my local install, I would set it up on my hosting account under a different domain name. I have test domain names and I have a hosting that allows me to have add-on domains. If you don't have this, then try using a sub domain. I haven't tried seting up oc on a sub domain but I envisage it should work.

When I have it working all OK on my test site, I would then rename my test install folder to the folder name that my live domain points to. This is after putting up a .html page to let the customers know the site is down for a short while. Might also need to make changes in the config files for the different domain name.

There will be downtime and there will be tweaking that is required. And backups are all important in case you need to rollback to 1.4.x in a hurry.

jty

Post by SebastianJu » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Sounds like a good plan. I hope i have done this all soon...

Post by losvre » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:32 am

Hello guys and Merry Christmas,

I have run the script and worked fine but the site doesn't load properly . I then upgraded to 1.5.3.1 but still lots of errors. If I delete the rows defined as errors it seems to eliminate the specific errors. I wonder if you could have a look t the following and see if you could explain these errors. I will delete all these lines and I report back. Bear in mind that my site is heavily customised.

Notice: Use of undefined constant HTTP_IMAGE - assumed 'HTTP_IMAGE' in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/controller/common/header.php on line 26
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: store in <b>/home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl</b> on line <b>67</b>
Notice: Undefined variable: text_special in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 71 | Notice: Undefined variable: text_bookmark in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 73 | Notice: Undefined variable: text_contact in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 75 | Notice: Undefined variable: text_sitemap in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 77
English English

Notice: Undefined variable: keyword in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 124
Notice: Undefined variable: button_go in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 140 Notice: Undefined variable: text_advanced in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 141 »
Home Notice: Undefined variable: text_login in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 146 My Account Shopping Cart Checkout
Notice: Undefined variable: breadcrumbs in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 154Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 154

Notice: Undefined variable: modules2 in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/home.tpl on line 4Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/home.tpl on line 4
Notice: Undefined variable: modules2 in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/home.tpl on line 9Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/home.tpl on line 9
Notice: Undefined variable: welcome in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/home.tpl on line 13 Notice: Undefined variable: modules in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/home.tpl on line 26Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/home.tpl on line 26

Notice: Undefined variable: text_powered_by in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/footer.tpl on line 10
Notice: Undefined variable: google_analytics in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/footer.tpl on line 12

Post by Qphoria » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:45 am

losvre wrote: Notice: Use of undefined constant HTTP_IMAGE - assumed 'HTTP_IMAGE' in
This is because you didn't follow the step by step guide about adding the lines to your config.php file
Notice: Undefined variable: keyword in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/header.tpl on line 124
Notice: Undefined variable: button_go in
This looks like you are using an old or outdated theme. Switch back to default as it says in the upgrade guide.
Notice: Undefined variable: modules2 in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/home.tpl on line 4Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in

Notice: Undefined variable: text_powered_by in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/footer.tpl on line 10
Notice: Undefined variable: google_analytics in /home2/isportsw/public_html/catalog/view/theme/blackcart/template/common/footer.tpl on line 12
Again, more theme stuff. Looks like you still have your 1.4.x theme selected.

First go here:
http://www.hookedonphonics.com/learn-to ... KgodTlTolg

Then go back and read the step-by-step guide. ;D

Administrator