Post by i2Paq » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:41 am

Daniel wrote:and documentation.
Great news to hear "it is finally there"!

Let me know what I can do regarding documentation.

If it is code related then, ehhhe,... :-X

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by Petrache Nicolae » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:15 am

Daniel wrote:nearly finished guys.

i don;t like leaving the svn with great bugs but some changes need to be committed just in case hd dies. the order editor is virtually finished. i need to sort out some validation issues with it.

after that iots just a matter of refixing some of the parts i've changed that shouldn;t have been changed.

after this release. i don;t think opencart needs any more new features added. i'm going to concentrate on bugs, optimization and documentation.
i hope that in the end will worth the waiting (no more bugs would be perfect but i do not think will be posible with any ecommerce platform). as for any more new features - layered navigation/filtered search must be present. any major ecommerce platform of shop has it...ebay for instance or a romanian shop like http://www.emag.ro/memorii1201529825 (take a look in left side at the filters for memory) and others as well. after me, solid mass import/export for products has to be as well or opencart will remain in the little league since will target just small shops. sorry if my words upset you. just my opinion.

can you tell us if there will be a upgrade option from 1.5.1.3 shops with products to the new 1.5.2? meaning that we will not lose anything with this upgrade. thanks

Post by arch72 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:54 am

Daniel wrote:nearly finished guys.

i don;t like leaving the svn with great bugs but some changes need to be committed just in case hd dies. the order editor is virtually finished. i need to sort out some validation issues with it.

after that its just a matter of refixing some of the parts i've changed that shouldn;t have been changed.

after this release. i don;t think opencart needs any more new features added. i'm going to concentrate on bugs, optimization and documentation.
Daniel,

thank you

thanks, great news.....really pleased to hear no more new versions this year! fab news ... release this version, allow it spread and spend the rest of the year tweaking, documentation, promoting it, inhouse improvements...take a break ....allow it to be a stable opencart for a good 12 months before any major changes, i think it is time this fab piece of kit be unleashed and let the community of users, shop owners, module developers take it further.....great roadmap ahead...no reason why in 12 months from now opencart is the winner in many many awards.

A year from now, the other shopping carts will be also ran's!

Thanks look forward to the release..not too long please.

Post by i2Paq » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:14 am

Petrache Nicolae wrote:As for any more new features - layered navigation/filtered search must be present. any major ecommerce platform of shop has it...ebay for instance or a romanian shop like http://www.emag.ro/memorii1201529825 (take a look in left side at the filters for memory) and others as well. after me, solid mass import/export for products has to be as well or opencart will remain in the little league since will target just small shops. sorry if my words upset you. just my opinion.

can you tell us if there will be a upgrade option from 1.5.1.3 shops with products to the new 1.5.2? meaning that we will not lose anything with this upgrade. thanks
Always funny to hear that it will never be enough whatever you say and that there is always something that is a must have because "others" have it to.
Never look at the others, the grass will always be greener.

"i hope that in the end will worth the waiting", and how long have you been waiting "Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 10:43"?

That the one's asking these questions just arrived here, have no knowledge of the history nor take / took any time to look for answers before asking the obvious "if there will be a upgrade option?".

"OpenCart will remain in the little league" and that is based on what? Your knowledge of all major players in the Cart-league? Did you take a look at the extensions available (yes, the commercial onces to)?

"sorry if my words upset you. just my opinion." and who are you?

Just my 2 cents Image

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Alexisander » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:40 am

To tell u the truth: emag.ro is one of the most loved websites ever becoz of that filter search. It would be a good thing on opencart, a blast in the ecommerce industry... But live is live so we will have to make that for ourself.

Thanks for OC

Post by Petrache Nicolae » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:07 am

i2Paq wrote:
Petrache Nicolae wrote:As for any more new features - layered navigation/filtered search must be present. any major ecommerce platform of shop has it...ebay for instance or a romanian shop like http://www.emag.ro/memorii1201529825 (take a look in left side at the filters for memory) and others as well. after me, solid mass import/export for products has to be as well or opencart will remain in the little league since will target just small shops. sorry if my words upset you. just my opinion.

Always funny to hear that it will never be enough whatever you say and that there is always something that is a must have because "others" have it to.
Never look at the others, the grass will always be greener.

"i hope that in the end will worth the waiting", and how long have you been waiting "Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 10:43"?

That the one's asking these questions just arrived here, have no knowledge of the history nor take / took any time to look for answers before asking the obvious "if there will be a upgrade option?".

"OpenCart will remain in the little league" and that is based on what? Your knowledge of all major players in the Cart-league? Did you take a look at the extensions available (yes, the commercial onces to)?

"sorry if my words upset you. just my opinion." and who are you?

Just my 2 cents Image
i see. you are the barking dog of daniel....
1.is no shame to look and apply good things from others (or you feel inferior if you will do that?)
2."and how long have you been waiting " - i don't know...how many times it was said by daniel that this new version will be released....that the order editor is virtual complete...check this thread if your memmory is short
3. "if there will be a upgrade option? - should i remind you what happened when moving from 1.4.9.6 to 1.5? still short of memmory? http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50292 maybe this will bring some light? the point was this - if this new version brings so much improvements and changes should we not be worry in case some options will be lost if we upgrade? or we should wait again for a patch to have all products properly added?
4.Did you take a look at the extensions available (yes, the commercial onces to) - ups...i forgot we must buy aditional "patches" for opencart to have some features that major ecommerce platforms have...
5.and who are you? i am a beta tester for opencart in general (like others here) based on how many time i lost with all kinds of problems from opencart.

is nice to see that daniel's attitude has spreaded so nice over you...till now he was the one who was so kind in words... but now, you tend to become better than him. long live opencart! :laugh:

Post by arch72 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:26 am

i think the only feature missing is multiple paypal for the different multi-store sites that i will have would be usefull to have an opencart or module that will allow that.

The ability to have different monies goto different paypal is feature that should be part of a opencart multi-store set up, especially with the ability to have different themes, module layouts different payment gateways, multiple paypal would be usefull, otherwise very pleased with the progress made throughout 2011.

A big thank you to the team, great if we could see this feature either in this version or the next version for next year.

thanks

Post by Alexisander » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:26 am

Petrache Nicolae is ok, me and my friend almost finished the filtered search/layered navigation. In 1.4.9.4 is working 90% ok but we will see in 1.5.2. After is ready i will put it on internet, FOR FREE. I am very sorry for the ones who sell it for money, maybe will lose, but... OC is free so why not this option that everyone wants it? If we make something, even if for free, lets make it top. I have have a word " all or nothing ". Almost everyone needs and wants filter navigation. Try to find something in a shop with 15000 products without it.

Thank you and gratz for OC!

Post by jty » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Petrache Nicolae wrote:as for any more new features - layered navigation/filtered search must be present. any major ecommerce platform of shop has it...ebay for instance or a romanian shop like http://www.emag.ro/memorii1201529825 (take a look in left side at the filters for memory) and others as well.
We've already got it
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC
or try Magento

jty

Post by Petrache Nicolae » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:10 pm

jty wrote:
Petrache Nicolae wrote:as for any more new features - layered navigation/filtered search must be present. any major ecommerce platform of shop has it...ebay for instance or a romanian shop like http://www.emag.ro/memorii1201529825 (take a look in left side at the filters for memory) and others as well.
We've already got it
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... order=DESC
or try Magento
i would prefer to pay 30 $ for opencart if would have these features well implemented and updated automatic by any new release. did you take a look at the problems mentioned by the buyers of that module? i have buyed several modules for opencart to increase his features and most of them had problems and required fixes. and when another version of OC will come we will start all over- wait for new releases from those sellers than hoping that there are no more errors.
i come from magento. i have invested 1 year and lots of money in it just to terminate the project becouse of the huge resource demands that magento requires. opencart resembles more with magento but doesn't have yet the performance issues of magento. hope will stay like this

Post by jty » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Petrache Nicolae wrote:did you take a look at the problems mentioned by the buyers of that module?
yes, i did just then and to me it looks like user-problems. people breaking it by changing it
someone named vinodnr is happy
vinodnr
Hi the functionality is great.. I tried it in my wesite and works very well. If possible please develop a feature to remember the previous selection when we move across different pages/controllers. That will make this module awsome. The look and feel needs to be improved slightly to look more professional.. other than that it's great.
It's written by Xsecrets and Xsecrets has given away alot of free time to this forum

jty

Post by Petrache Nicolae » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:47 pm

jty wrote:
Petrache Nicolae wrote:did you take a look at the problems mentioned by the buyers of that module?
yes, i did just then and to me it looks like user-problems. people breaking it by changing it
someone named vinodnr is happy
vinodnr
Hi the functionality is great.. I tried it in my wesite and works very well. If possible please develop a feature to remember the previous selection when we move across different pages/controllers. That will make this module awsome. The look and feel needs to be improved slightly to look more professional.. other than that it's great.
It's written by Xsecrets and Xsecrets has given away alot of free time to this forum
you missed the point...for certain features it is better to have them already integrated by opencart, this way they will be working perfect in each new version of opencart. in the case of the addons, we are at the mercy of the ones who released the addons in case the old version of addon will not work with the new release of OC. that is why i will always prefer to pay some money for OC just to have certain features already in it. would be best to have free opencart as it is now and another opencart with aditional features for money. this way daniel would be happy since he will get money for his work (directly and not indirectly by charging the sales of addons and themes) and we would be happy since we would have the liberty to chose from free OC or payed OC but with features that are not conditioned by others vendors.

Post by i2Paq » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:37 pm

If all the features people "need" would be in OpenCart you would have the same bloated piece of software PrestaShop is.

As for additional features (commercial or Free) extensions, this is up to the community and the developers amongst them.
And yes, if these extensions are not updated to work with a new release then you are screwed but you cannot blame OC for that.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by Alexisander » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:36 pm

Prestashop sux.

Keep up the good work! I wanna ask something: do u have a period for 1.5.2 official release? i mean with no bugs and all ok? (not perfect, coz there is no perfection)

And to tell u the truth, till now 1.4.9.4 was the best OC for me. Now from what i see in 1.5.2 from svn installer... is the next top... for me ofc.

Post by jty » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:08 am

Petrache Nicolae wrote:would be best to have free opencart as it is now and another opencart with aditional features for money. this way daniel would be happy since he will get money for his work (directly and not indirectly by charging the sales of addons and themes) and we would be happy since we would have the liberty to chose from free OC or payed OC but with features that are not conditioned by others vendors.
I agree. Have a standard open cart that is free and have an enterprise edition that is commerical with higher end features like layered navigation, multi vendor, complete the multi store. That would be good. An enterprise edition will mean it will be more bloated and hence can affect performance but enterprise people can afford to pay for dedicated servers and developers to tweak the system.

But for now, draw the line at 1.5.2 and get the basics done like bug fixes that benefit everyone, as opposed to layered navigation or multi vendor that benefit a smaller section of the community. Those that need eg multi vendor and layered navigation can pay for developers to get if faster for now.

Alexisander has the right approach. If it ain't here now, he goes and develops it or pays someone to developer. That's the way to get the most benefit from oc. The alternative is Prestashop and Magento and we need say no more on those.

It comes back to what Qphoria always says - Rome wasn't built in a day

jty

Post by Ulf » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:43 pm

I mean is good Daniel slow down development of new add-on features.
It is important not to kill the external add-ons development.
Think many new users have chose Opencart therfore it is user friendly but also there are many add-ons.
I want as example be able to choose between different layered navigation add-ons.
An important thing must be for further development of vqmod so all add-ons can be installed there.
Likewise, it would be possible to delete add-ons without seek in OpenCart files to do it.
Daniel has a lot of things to do in the future to further develop Oc with respect to the developers of extensions so they not stop developing and also with respect to us users so we easier can manage add-ons.

Ulf

Post by marcelwoo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:09 am

a question about the new order-editing feature: will it be possible to edit shipping address after an order is placed and paid for? I found some people would accidentally enter wrong addresses and then requested changes made in them :-[
It is kinda annoying if this happens from time to time yet no changes can be applied for shipping addresses.

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by i2Paq » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:09 pm

marcelwoo wrote:a question about the new order-editing feature: will it be possible to edit shipping address after an order is placed and paid for? I found some people would accidentally enter wrong addresses and then requested changes made in them :-[
It is kinda annoying if this happens from time to time yet no changes can be applied for shipping addresses.
From what I've seen: yes.

Norman in 't Veldt

Global Moderator

Post by fido-x » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm

arch72 wrote:i think the only feature missing is multiple paypal for the different multi-store sites that i will have would be usefull to have an opencart or module that will allow that.

The ability to have different monies goto different paypal is feature that should be part of a opencart multi-store set up, especially with the ability to have different themes, module layouts different payment gateways, multiple paypal would be usefull, otherwise very pleased with the progress made throughout 2011.

A big thank you to the team, great if we could see this feature either in this version or the next version for next year.

thanks
This feature is already available -- viewtopic.php?f=123&t=48155

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by websolve » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Quick question about the new release wondering if anyone can help?

Are you able to add a brand new customer/order as an admin? Rather than faking it through the frontend. :)