Post by bull5-i » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Released version 1.8.0 - this adds an option to display downloads without download link if login is required.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by Lisaweb » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Awesome, thank you!
bull5-i wrote:Released version 1.8.0 - this adds an option to display downloads without download link if login is required.

Using OC v1.5.4.1 with Evisu Theme

Post by bull5-i » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Released version 1.8.1 - this fixes download links for logged in customers when login was required

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by Lisaweb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:57 pm

I would like to protect some of my downloads for registered users only, but allow some of them to be available without registering. Is that possible in the current version? If not, would you be willing to add this feature?

Using OC v1.5.4.1 with Evisu Theme

Post by bull5-i » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 pm

No with this mod you cannot control the login requirement for each download separately, but with Product Downloads PRO version you can.

Post by christag » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 pm

I purchased your product in March and it was working just fine. Now, I did the upgrade from OC 1.5.1.3 to OC 1.5.2.1 and your version ProductDownloads_v1.8.1_oc1.5.1.x-1.5.2.x_vQmod I get the following error messages. Would you be able to let me know how I can rectify this problem?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ControllerProductProduct::download() in /shop/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-catalog_controller_product_product.php on line 776

Your last version was not a vQmod version and I don´t really understand what you mean by:
"If your last module was not a vQmod version then you should revert any file changes that were done when installing the previous version. How do I know what file changes where made by installing the Module previously?"

Thank you. Appreciate your help. :)

Post by bull5-i » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:17 pm

If your previous installation was a regular modification (not a vQmod one), then you have the edits needed for the extension to work hard coded into OpenCart core files.
You need to replace all OpenCart core files that have hardcoded edits with OpenCart default files. You will find the list of files that are affected from the installation text file of the previous version.

The above error indicates that you already have a "download" function in the catalog/controller/product/product.php file. This is there either hardcoded or you have another vQmod that tries to add a duplicate function with a same name.

So revert any files affected by the previous version of the Product Downloads mod to fresh OpenCart files and let the vQmod do the virtual changes.

Post by christag » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:29 pm

I did what you said and replaced all the modified files and removed the added files. Than I had the following error message:

/shop/catalog/controller/module/category.php on line 44Notice: Undefined index: count in
/shop/catalog/controller/module/category.php on line 66Notice: Undefined index: count in

Post by bull5-i » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:07 pm

These notices are not caused by this extension as it does not touch the category.
Last edited by bull5-i on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Vallagruppen » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi, I have two questions.

1.Is it possible to make free downloadable files appear in the customer download section?
Perhaps someone have done this, and can help out a bit?

2. I have only one language installed in opencart and I'm getting "text_make_free" etc on everthing that has to do with the download plugin. I have tried to add language in the vqmod file but I seem to be doing something wrong.

I have opencart version 1.5.21 and component version 1.8.1

Post by bull5-i » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi,

1. Without modifying the extension, you cannot do this. The customer download section is strictly related to purchasable downloads, so if you also add all the free downloads it would become hard for the user to find the correct download without a proper filtering mechanism.

2. If you are using another language than English for your back end, then you need to add the appropriate translations to the vQmod script file. You should not get this kind of behaviour if your backend language is english, as I have tested it on clean installs. You could check the the vqmod folder for an error log to see if the script fails somehwere.
Last edited by bull5-i on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Vallagruppen » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Ok, thanks for your reply!

As I only want the customer to be able to download files attached to the product he has purchased. I guess I'll have to take another approach on that.

I actually figured out how to fix the language in the vqmod script file. I just changed all references to language/english to language/swedish in the vqmod script file as I don't need to have both languages anyway.

Post by bull5-i » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:02 pm

This extension enables you to make downloads free, so that anyone or only logged in users can download them.
If you want the customer to be able to download the files only after purchase, do not make them free. This way OC will make the download available for the customer after the order is complete.

Post by learner&coder » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:09 pm

i don't know how to show download option in product. Download option is not showing with product. Description and review is showing only. What to do for provide user the download option.

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:34 pm

If you are using a custom theme then you need to modify the template changes according your theme.
In case you are using vQmod, check the vqmod log file for any errors.

Post by learner&coder » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:45 pm

I am not getting the download option with product. How will download option will show with product. How to mark up free to download items.

Post by bull5-i » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Add a download to OC through Catalog->Downloads and mark it as free. Then associate with a product and it should show up on the product page.

Post by learner&coder » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:58 am

hi
i am not getting download option with product. How to mark up free to download items. Please help me.

Post by bull5-i » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:17 pm

On downloads list page you can select multiple downloads and click the "Make Free" button or when editing a download you have a setting to make it free.

Post by brianpeat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm just starting to build a Joomla based OpenCart store (using AceCart, which wraps a non-hacked version of OpenCart inside Joomla) to replace an aging X-cart store. There's one BIG feature that I can seem to find and I'm wondering if you have ever thought of adding this to your mod.

In our X-cart store we bought something called Download Expander. It adds the ability to go into the store admin and choose to "Generate Links". We can Enter the person's first and last name (not really needed) and their email address and then hit send. Without the user EVER having to go through the store or check out, etc, it sends them a link to a product download page. Basically, they are sent a link to a page with all the downloads for that product. They don't have to be signed in or anything. Yes, there are dangers of them sending the link to others, but the system limits their downloads to 10 clicks for each file.

Anyway, I know OpenCart deals with downloads a bit differently than X-cart, but the ability to send a FREE link to a PAID download is VERY handy. We sell music, and with that feature we can send someone a promo download to the album, or a review copy.

I suppose a work around would be to send someone a coupon to get the product for free, but this way they simply have to click the link in the email and then click the files and that's it.

Do you think there's a way to implement this kind of feature in OpenCart, and if so, is it something you'd consider adding to your mod?

thanks!

Running Mijoshop in Joomla 3.2 (basically OC 1.5.5.1)

Location - Mechanicsburg, PA