Post by swivel_001 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:03 pm

im thinking of removing the bottom description tab...

which line of code or which section of code i should edit?

say that product has some related product, can it be show even though the description tab is deleted from the bottom?

here's a print screen of how it looks like now...

Thanks !
: )

Post by inactiveaccount9912 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Edit catalog/view/theme/yourtheme/template/product/product.tpl and remove the following lines of code:

Code: Select all

<a href="#tab-description"><?php echo $tab_description; ?></a>
and,

<div id="tab-description" class="tab-content"><?php echo $description; ?></div>
And yes, the other tabs will still display(if they exist) even if the description tab is deleted.

Expert Member

Post by swivel_001 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:53 pm

THANKS florinsith!!!

It worked!!!
awesome!! thanks for the super prompt response!!

:D

florinsith wrote:Edit catalog/view/theme/yourtheme/template/product/product.tpl and remove the following lines of code:

<a href="#tab-description"><?php echo $tab_description; ?></a>
and,

<div id="tab-description" class="tab-content"><?php echo $description; ?></div>
And yes, the other tabs will still display(if they exist) even if the description tab is deleted.

Post by frosty1_4me » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:45 am

I'm looking to do exactly what is posted in here, however I tried the code above and it didn't work. The second line of code that is listed to remove doesn't exist in the version of open cart I'm using. (1.5.4.1) The second line of code looks like this in the latest version of opencart:

<div id="tab-description" class="tab-content"><?php echo MijoShop::get('base')->triggerContentPlg($description); ?></div>
Is there something else that needs to be changed? This would work great for what I"m trying to do.

thanks.

Post by frosty1_4me » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:59 am

Actually that worked great.

I commented out the suggested lines of code, and I moved them up into around line 31 instead. Now it looks like the image I was wanting to copy.

Cheers!

Post by gladen » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:23 am

frosty1_4me wrote:

<div id="tab-description" class="tab-content"><?php echo MijoShop::get('base')->triggerContentPlg($description); ?></div>
This would work great for what I"m trying to do.
thanks.
Don't know if I'm on par, as I just took a glance at this from your post, but that seems to be what you want to get rid of.

That entire division seems to be comprised of a CSS-driven tab and displays the item description through the PHP objext call.
You can always comment it out by using <!-- --> and see if you get the deisred effect...if not, then remove the comment marks and no harm is done.

Post by buburuzza » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:12 pm

I sorted it out! The TGwig editor did not work from opencart admin panel, however I did it through FTP and I edited the file straight there and I fixed it. Best regards!

Help! I have the same issue. I have removed the two lines of code but no changes whatsoever. I edited products.twig
website is: http://www.daiclick.ro/index.php?route= ... duct_id=51

You can see that there are two descriptions, I want to remove the one in the top right side... nothing works... help!