Post by slingeraap » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 pm

tuanna0703 wrote:I'm convert 1.5.4 default theme to responsive theme so user can view website on multi-screen. Currently, Joomla3 integrated completely so I think OP should integrate responsive theme in 1.6.
Well, i still prefer 960 pixels width. Those responsive themes are almost 1200 pixels wide on big screens. Much too wide if you ask me. And if you resize the window to something smaller than 900 pixels all becomes weird and you have to scroll so much more because some things which use to be quite on the top off the page are now on the bottom below all main content. So i still prefer 960 pixels fixed. An iPad has more than 1000 pixels width anyway so it would display perfect already. And mobile phones are also getting high resolution screens, and like i said, i rather scroll right to maintain the orignal page than to scroll so much down for a weird page.

Post by ajamous » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:40 am

It would be nice to embed youtube video to each product, also a bulk import/export tool for products and categories will be very helpful.

Thank you.

Post by tuanna0703 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Responsive themes is automatic to detech resolution and display right width.

Post by slingeraap » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:48 pm

tuanna0703 wrote:Responsive themes is automatic to detech resolution and display right width.
Is this a reply to my comment? If so, please read my post again, maybe you understand it.

Post by slingeraap » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:51 pm

ajamous wrote:It would be nice to embed youtube video to each product, also a bulk import/export tool for products and categories will be very helpful.

Thank you.
You can easily embed all kinds of youtube and vimeo video's to each product.

Just use the textarea for it to paste the code. Or make an attribute for it and paste your code there.

Post by slingeraap » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Another request: Per customer group a default discount percentage. So you can, for example, easily give a whole group 10 percent discount. Ofcourse, this can be overridden when you fill in a discount price for that group in the product details.

Post by ADD Creative » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:15 pm

slingeraap wrote:Another request: Per customer group a default discount percentage. So you can, for example, easily give a whole group 10 percent discount. Ofcourse, this can be overridden when you fill in a discount price for that group in the product details.
This would get my vote.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by slingeraap » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 pm

I just noticed something else. When you give a discount price in the product details for a (wholesale) customer group, the different prices of the options of the product are completely ignored.

For example, when a medium table costs 40 dollar, but the large edition costs 50 dollar (+10) and a small edition costs 30 dollar (-10), when you fill in a wholesale customer group discount price of 35 dollar, the small and large edition cost 35 dollar also.

Looks to me like a bug or at least it just isn't supported yet.

Post by rmi » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:41 am

slingeraap wrote:I just noticed something else. When you give a discount price in the product details for a (wholesale) customer group, the different prices of the options of the product are completely ignored. -clip-
This is good example of the things that should be done ready before adding new features..

rmi

Post by losvre » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Hello to everyone,

I think for a full featured cart of nowadays demand would have to coply with the following requirements and if a new system module is made then someone will have the choice of small very simple cart up to a full enterprise style E-commerce:

- Full-fledged stock control. Ideally would be best if the cart can also be updated for sales made over the counter (real shop) via a barcode scan for example.

- Independent modules from the core so don't get in disaster scenarios with changes, upgrades etc. Not sure if Vqmod is a good idea or could be done better somehow else.

- Cross-plattform selling in Ebay and Amazon and maybe in Facebook?

- Multi-Vendor capability

- Mobile combatibility

- Marketing campaign capabilities based on analytics (something to think about as I think this requires lots of work)

- CMS capabilitiessuch as News, blog, etc

Many thanks for the concideration
Regards
Nikos

Post by komir » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 am

When can be expected 1.6 to be out?
-------------------------------
Budite prvi na Google-u
Trebate servis plinskih bojlera
Last edited by komir on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

One of most reliable hosting company - Domidona IT
Super Fast web design company - Domidona IT

Post by fastuning » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:25 pm

i donw know if someone say, but please add create kits as product builded of other products.

Post by losvre » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello again to evryone,

A good thing would be if the customer has the ability to change/cancel the order for some time after submission or till flagged as complete/shipped whatever. I know that this implies changes to payment etc but as an idea that could at some point implemented.

Following on from above how about refund them straight from their account?

Please place your thoughts/opinions in order to get the most out of OC and maybe donate more:)

Thanks

Post by umpol69 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 pm

I hope opencart to improved this feature

1. media / image

I think "file manager" isn't good you should do something better. do it like facebook did one click upload many image with drag drop ordering. and close feature to view directory tree that's not user friendly style it's failed like joomla did it's very failed.

2. media / image for each store

each store should had their own image dir

3. multi vender

It's a good idea but what's next you should allow each vender can control different extension.

4. language

Allow to close or disable language without delete it. also I want to see better of language system that's if sub language didn't filled then system use default language phase instead.

5. template

XML file to control each template instead of use global for all template

I think you will turn opencart to the best one with above improve feature.

Post by fontez » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:17 am

and version 1.5.5?

Daniel, passed more 2 months.

hope news.

good work.

Post by Gerrit » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Hello Daniel,

I'm working on a better invoicing system for OC 1.5.4.x series onwhich customers and shopkeepers can print their order and invoice as PDF for the Dutch users of OpenCart. The Shopkeeper can also send the invoice by email as attachment. However there is a manco in the orders table. There is no entry for a real invoice date after the invoice is generated. This is a must for European users. Can you put this field in the next version of OC. Something like invoice_date.
For more info on the invoicing system written as a VQMOD file, you may look at the following link, it is in Dutch, but you can follow along as it is richly illustrated. I started this for 1.5.2, but leaved it for 1.5.4.1

Keep up the good work,
Gerrit Bouweriks
Dutch Forum Member of OpenCart

For modelcars cars see my OC 3.0.2.0 shop: http://www.gbcars.nl/
For Wooden Toys see my 2.3.0.2 shop: https://www.dehoutentreinenwinkel.nl/

Post by losvre » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello to all,

Daniel, it would have made everyones life easier if the in the admin, the "products" were like a sub cat-category under "categories". In this case, when looking/adding/editing a product would be faster and easier to do especially if you have 100s of them.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity for feeback and suggestions.

All the best,
Nik

Post by JFOC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:49 am

Multi Vendor System with allowing vendor for having their own payment system would be good and auto payment to vendor, this will make admin works easier and also have different front-page for vendor also be great.

Post by losvre » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 am

Hello again,

Noone so far has referred to multi currency shop while all are from various countries.

A true multi-currency shop is a must nowadays, something that the currencies do not link to default currency via a percentage conversion.

Thanks a lot for all this work so far!!

Post by scaleachiocciola » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:44 am

Add the option to install opencart 1.6 also without mcrypt in this way many more hosting will be free to instal it.

MCRYPT option and not obligation.

http://www.lescaleachiocciola.eu Moving from zencart to opencart! : La piu ampia scelta di scale a chiocciola
http://www.lepcsok.com/ Stairs in Hungary
http://www.escalierencolimacon.eu/ Escaliers en Collimacon en France
http://www.escalerasdecaracol.eu/ Escaleras de Caracol: Spiral Stairs in Spain