Post by bull5-i » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Could you please be more specific.
Might it be that you just misunderstood the behaviour of some of the options that seem not to save. Please see the documentation.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by brilliantweb » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Hi

I took the AceShop files, tweaked them (changed AceShop to MijoShop).
The addition of a new tab in the module now completed (used to just have the "wait" animation).

All tab parameters can be set and saved except for "Overwrite".
This open defaults to "selected products" and cannot be changed.

If you leave it on default, and then select specific products, the selection does not stick.
However, the default is applied to the products, and shows up on the public display.

With the tweaked AceShop files, however, the field to add the tab content to a specific product has now gone away.
This could be due to a new version of Joomla since you created the AceShop files.
Here is the VQMod log

*******************************Fri.log********************************
---------- Date: 2013-01-25 15:46:06 ~ IP : 127.0.0.1 ----------
REQUEST URI : /ecommerce/administrator/index.php?option=com_mijoshop&route=catalog/product/update&token=69196ab3a7e278f5c0b883e3970a2b38&product_id=30
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : C:\wamp\www\ecommerce\components\com_mijoshop\opencart\vqmod\xml\custom_product_tab.xml
id : Add a extra tabs to product page with the same functionality as description tab
version : 1.1.3 - MijoShop 1.4.x compatible
vqmver : 2.1.6
author : rmg
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): submitform(pressbutton);

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So close!

Installation works
Adding new tabs almost works perfectly
Adding default tab content works
Adding custom tab descriptions per product does not

Regards
Brendon

p.s. I can't afford to pay for you to update the files. However, I will make a tutorial on "custom tabs for MijoShop" and share it with the MijoShop and Joomla communities.

Post by bull5-i » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:07 am

Just as I thought, a misconception on the "Overwrite" option. It is meant for a single action and will revert to the default "Selected products" each time you leave the settings page. It is a safety feature so you would not unintentionally overwrite anything. You need to explicitly set it each time you actually want to change something for multiple products. Please read the documentation.

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by brilliantweb » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:50 am

@bull5-i

Thanks for the feedback.
I now understand the user interface.

My converted files from AceShop to MijoShop are mostly working.

However, the VQMod issues I raised in my previous post still apply.
I am unable to see a custom tab field in the product editor, so I cannot add custom details to a tab for a product.
I believe that the VQMod log will provide you with the information that you would need to quickly diagnose the problem.

I am able to provide a MijoShop testing environment.

Can you assist?

Thanks
Brendon

Post by bamron » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:36 am

I am having a small issue with the custom tabs module. My products have specifications that I want listed so I added a custom tab called "specifications." However, open cart defaults to have a tab already called specifications and that shows the attributes which is not needed. Is there a way to delete the original specification tab?

Post by bull5-i » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:14 pm

You can hide it if you do not associate any attributes to products. Another way to hide it would be to modify the product.tpl file and "comment" out the sections, however you need to be careful not to brake CPT PRO with the changes.

Post by topy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Hy,

I want to put on products a button with lightbox open ( or colorbox opencart ) when i push it to view iframe or description.

If i buy your module, can diseable adding tab and and but an image with pop-up open?

Attachments

popup.jpg

popup.jpg (165.03 KiB) Viewed 5981 times

Post by bull5-i » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:58 pm

As adding a tab is theme specific you can customize it to basically anything you want. If your theme does not use tabs and uses popups instead, you can customize the extension to use a popup as well.

Post by topy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:02 pm

After i purchase module can you help me ?

Post by bull5-i » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:06 pm

I can provide paid customization service on an hourly basis for USD 30 per hour.

Post by 80PRINT » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:55 pm

I installed this extension with the changes made from "default" theme to my theme: "neue_blue" trying to make it appear on my products page: http://www.80print.ca/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=263

When I go to Modules > Custom Tab PRO and create an extra tab, everything saves except for the bottom section "All products | All products with empty content | selected products"

I cannot point these tabs at any of my products!!!

Otherwise no error codes appear at all. I am using Opencart 1.5.2.1 with Neue Blue Theme (very close to default theme)

The extra tabs I created in "custom tabs pro" DO show up on my Products Page under "General" The extra fields are there (but still does not show as saved under Modules).

Regardless, these extra tabs still do not show on my front end products!

Post by bull5-i » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Please read the documentation carefully for what the various options actually do! What you are doing is assigning a value for the selected product(s). The tabs are always available for all the products. Displaying the tab depends on whether it has content or not.

You need to customize the extension for custom theme. Please see the documentation for guidelines on how to do so.

Post by g0kh4n » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Hey there,

I've installed your extension, edited the vqmod file for my custom theme. But when i try to edit the module after installing on modules page I got this error.

Notice: Error: Unknown column 't.sort_order' in 'order clause'
Error No: 1054
SELECT t.*, tn.name AS name FROM product_tab t LEFT JOIN product_tab_name tn ON (t.tab_id = tn.tab_id) WHERE tn.language_id = '1' ORDER BY t.sort_order ASC in /home/xxx/public_html/system/database/mysql.php on line 49

Post by bull5-i » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:12 pm

This indicates that your database had a table named "product_tab" before you installed CPT PRO. However that table has wrong structure. Please remove that table and re-install CPT PRO.

Post by g0kh4n » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:22 pm

bull5-i wrote:This indicates that your database had a table named "product_tab" before you installed CPT PRO. However that table has wrong structure. Please remove that table and re-install CPT PRO.
And i got this vqmod error (with edited xml file)

REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=tool/tweaks/vqmod_apply&token=c73d5ec31f01f0e6d530503c0a345e46
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/xxx/public_html/vqmod/xml/custom_product_tab.xml
id : Add a extra tabs to product page with the same functionality as description tab
version : 1.1.3
vqmver : 2.2.2
author : bull5-i
SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): <a href="#tab-related"><?php echo $tab_related; ?> (<?php echo count($products); ?>)</a>

Post by bull5-i » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Please see the documentation for guidelines for custom theme integration. The error indicates that your custom theme product.tpl file structure differs from the default theme one, so you need to get creative and adjust the vqmod script file.

Post by g0kh4n » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:37 pm

bull5-i wrote:Please see the documentation for guidelines for custom theme integration. The error indicates that your custom theme product.tpl file structure differs from the default theme one, so you need to get creative and adjust the vqmod script file.
I really don't understand that, i have duplicated the code block and changed the "default" with my "theme name". There is no more instructions except that. Ok, I'm not a developer but i can replace file names.

Post by bull5-i » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 pm

There is also Step 4 which involves figuring out the structural differences in your custom theme compared to the default theme. For themes structurally different from the default theme you need to apply a slightly "creative" approach. Due to the very nature of a custom theme I cannot provide a universal solution or concrete steps for this part.

If you cannot figure out the correct changes for your custom theme, I suggest you purchase the customization service.

Post by g0kh4n » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:13 pm

bull5-i wrote:There is also Step 4 which involves figuring out the structural differences in your custom theme compared to the default theme. For themes structurally different from the default theme you need to apply a slightly "creative" approach. Due to the very nature of a custom theme I cannot provide a universal solution or concrete steps for this part.

If you cannot figure out the correct changes for your custom theme, I suggest you purchase the customization service.
So i've wasted my money and time. I asked to you if it will work with my theme before making payment and you told me that extension has guidelines for custom themes in it. And now it's not working and you are advising me to give you extra $ for assist.

Thank you very much for that perfect service...

Post by bull5-i » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:30 pm

I did tell you that the extension comes with documentation with guidelines for custom theme integration. I never said it will work out of the box with your custom theme. The extension description also clearly stated that the extension needs to be customized for custom themes and custom theme service can be purchased separately if need be.

The extension is low priced, because it does not include the customization service, so you can customize it yourself based on the default theme changes and thus save money (in most cases).

Please try to undestand the essence of a "custom theme". A custom theme is rarely just a changed CSS stylesheet, most often it involves a structurally different webpage. This means that the way tabs are created can differ from the default theme. A custom theme is the result of a purely creative process, thus one cannot foresee every possible solution used for the product page and the tabs. This is the part where you, knowing your custom theme very well, can customize the extension by yourself, or if you lack the sufficient knowledge of your custom theme, can purchase the customization service.