Post by 12oclocker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Idea...

I find myself processing around 30+ orders at a time to ship, and having to click every order, then click the order status tab, then select shipped, then paste in the tracking number, then figure out the correct tracking string for DHL or FedEx, or UPS, or USPS,... well, this takes a very long time.

Why not have a shipping status page for pending orders, where you can paste in all the tracking numbers, and click UPDATE, then opencart will parse the tracking numbers and determine if it's DHL, USPS, FedEx, or UPS, and apply the appropriate hyperlink, and send a customized email message to the customers with the tracking numbers and appropriate links.

Or even a "Update Tracking Numbers" button, beside the "Print Invoices" button, so you can checkbox all the orders you are ready to sendout tracking numbers for, and when you click "Update Tracking Numbers" it will open a new page you can paste all the tracking numbers into, then opencart will do it's parsing and email stuff.

We could call this module, the Batch Shipping module, or something.

Post by 12oclocker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:02 pm

Yeah, I went ahead and wrote the mod ;-)
only requires editing ONE file. automatically parses for USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, tracking numbers.
You can customize the messages for each carrier, code is easy to read, easy to expand tracking number support.
An email will be sent to the customer, a tracking message is added to the history, and order gets marked as shipped.

Tested only on OpenCart v1.4.9.5 thus far.
trackingmod.jpg

trackingmod.jpg (21.81 KiB) Viewed 13867 times

shipped.jpg

shipped.jpg (8.96 KiB) Viewed 13867 times

Last edited by 12oclocker on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by marcelwoo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Nice Mod! Thank you so much for making life easier! I have modified the mod a little bit to fit opencart 1.5x.
nice and easy instructive comments allowing me to modify it with ease.

"We help each other to grow". That's the opencart community!

All free mods
Home Based Ebay business Opportunity(not ads)

Post by Xsecrets » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:16 pm

marcelwoo wrote:Nice Mod! Thank you so much for making life easier! I have modified the mod a little bit to fit opencart 1.5x.
well why didn't you share?

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by marcelwoo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Xsecrets wrote:
marcelwoo wrote:Nice Mod! Thank you so much for making life easier! I have modified the mod a little bit to fit opencart 1.5x.
well why didn't you share?
:clown: I thought it would be very easy for others to modify..... I am not a coder, but I managed to do it, so I thought others can do that too.

No worries. I will post the mod in the free contribution. But of course, all credit goes to 12oclocker.

All free mods

Post by marcelwoo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:01 am

All free mods

Post by clapiana » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:48 am

WOW what a fantasitc mod! thank you.

i see the ship button and the field to put in the tracking # if the order arrives as pending. my offline cc and check/money order works well here but i am trying to get it to work with the paypaloc mode in 1495

paypal comes back with an order that is marked complete (transaction successfull) so i dont have an option to enter a the tracking# and hit ship. i dont want to use pending in that another field in the paypal settings is using pending.

what would i do to change the code to allow a status of processings to allow the tracking # field and ship button to appear? that will allow me to switch my three pay options (paypal, offline cc and check/money order) to all use processing.

does it have something to do with this below?

//**READ ME**
//order_status_id=3
//the order status ID below in the ajax function must match the order status ID number of your status "Shipped"

blessings!

Post by Mike Guenther » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:02 am

Does this Mod work with v1.5.3 ?

And is there one whole downloadable file or do I still download the old mod and make the changes necessary?

Oh, and I am brand new to Opencart-are there some easy instruction on how to install mods?

Thanks,

MG

Post by giacomoprimo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:28 am

Hi,
is there for 1.5.5.1?
thank you.

Post by tinybibiya » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:59 am

Tested on 1.5.6.x and working.

New item added: Reload page after add in tracking number. Highlighted in light blue.
Thanks to 12oclocker for the initial release in 1.4.

//**READ ME**
//order_status_id=3 (default by Opencart) Change according to your new ID
//the order status ID below in the ajax function must match the order status ID number of your status "Shipped"
$.ajax({
type: 'POST',
url: 'index.php?route=sale/order/history&token=<?php echo $token; ?>&order_id='+oid,
dataType: 'json',
data: 'order_status_id=3&notify=1&append=1&comment=' + encodeURIComponent(txt),
beforeSend: function() { $('#btn_'+oid).remove(); },
complete: function() { $('textarea[name=\'tkt_'+oid+'\']').val('complete'); location.reload(true);},
success: function(data) { filter();}
});

Be sure to change your status below too

<!--begin custom tracking code-->
<!-- **READ ME** "Pending" must match the text used for pending orders which need shipped-->
<?php if ($order['status'] == "Payment Done-Pending Shipment") { ?>
<input id="trk_<?php echo $order['order_id']; ?>" name="txt_<?php echo $order['order_id']; ?>" type="text" size="30" />
<input type="button" id=btn_<?php echo $order['order_id']; ?> onclick="update_history(<?php echo $order['order_id']; ?>);" value="Update Shipment">
<?php } ?>
<!--end custom tracking code-->

Post by nick5000 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Can anybody make this work for OC 2.0? I would be willing to pay for this.
Are there alternatives that works as good and easily as this?

Post by nudylady » Fri May 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Tracking Number should be imported from an EXCEL file to order comment field and update status and email customers with one click.