Post by skimee » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:02 pm

Hey bull5-i,

I'm pretty new to working with opencart and for my webshop i need a product which is a download.
(So they pay to download the product.)

The problem is that the download has to be different when a certain option is selected. Is this possible with your extension?

Thanks,

Menno

Post by bull5-i » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:58 pm

No, you cannot have option based downloads. You would have to create separate products for that.

|V|355 \/\/17|-| 7}{3 |3357, ... [you know the rest]

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

All mods & extensions by me

Post by skimee » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, i'll keep searching then . ^^

Post by ukdesigner » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Two problems using with IC 1.5.5.1:

1. I am offering four formats: .pdf (Acrobat), .indd (InDesign), .zip (Zip) and .qxp (QuarkXPress). Have ensured MIME types and file extensions are present in the System settings.

So can upload/download all file types okay, however the only one that will open after downloading is the PDF file. The other types both give error messages stating "cannot be opened by this version" even though they were created in the same version. To clarify ZIP, INDD, QXP files will not open in the correct software.

Examining the file header shows: <b>Notice</b>: ob_end_clean(): failed to delete buffer zlib output compression in <b>/var/www/vhosts/printalchemy.co.uk/httpdocs/catalog/controller/product/download.php</b> on line <b>100</b>

2. Have SEO switched on as well as a Mod that changes system pages. With the Mod on it changes the links to http://www.printalchemy.co.uk/product/d ... nload_id=3 which gives a page not found error.

It works fine with this Mod off, so I assume its a case of finding what controls this url.

Post by ukdesigner » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Found a quick fix to point 1:

Deleting this code in download.php fixes the issue, but not sure what it does or if needed?

// Clean the output buffer
$levels = ob_get_level();
for ($i=0; $i<$levels; $i++) {
@ob_end_clean();
}

Can you help and also answer point 2?

Post by bull5-i » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:32 am

The broken link generation is caused by the SEO mod, you should contact the author of that extension and ask to fix the issue. The SEO extension should not rewrite URLs it cannot handle/route correctly.

Commercial mods: New! Questions & Answers PRO - Admin Quick Edit PRO - Product Downloads PRO - Custom Product Tab PRO - New! Product Quick Edit Plus

Post by ukdesigner » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:55 am

Figured it out by trial and error, need to add this into the all clean urls Mod for anyone else:

} elseif (preg_match("/download\//", $this->request->get['_route_'])) {
$this->request->get['route'] = $this->request->get['_route_'];

Post by clapiana » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:19 am

i am using this adv reviews mod http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=12025

and getting this error in my vqmod error log with now tab showing up for downloads any suggestions?

VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $('#review .pagination a').live('click', function() {

craig

Post by bull5-i » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:16 am

Either this is a conflict with the above mentioned extension or your custom theme has a different markup. In both cases you would need to work out the needed adjustments to the vqmod script.

Post by gti2756 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:27 am

I keep trying to PM you but it seems to be sticking in the outbox. How can I get you to modify a custom template I am using to get this to work? I'll pay through paypal or whatever.

Post by bull5-i » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Replied to your PM

Post by falkenbergweb » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:15 am

Hi

I bought the extension, but I seems like it is not working with the Nico Responsive theme.
The Download button just doesnt show up. If I use the standard template, it works - but I need to go with the Nico theme.

Please help.
Kristian

Post by botkindl » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:08 am

I just installed this on my Opencart 1.5.6 installation. Not working. Here's what I get in the VQMOD error log:

---------- Date: 2013-12-04 11:47:48 ~ IP : x.x.x.x ----------
REQUEST URI : /admin/index.php?route=catalog/download/update&token=d5da3a88b85daa22f16bf4cf96b6083d&download_id=3
MOD DETAILS:
modFile : /home/xxxxxxxxxx/opencart-1.5.6/vqmod/xml/product_downloads.xml
id : add freely downloadble files to your products + batch upload files from a folder
version : 1.8.7
vqmver : 2.2.2
author : bull5-i

File Name : admin/controller/catalog/download.php(0)
VQModObject::applyMod - SEARCH NOT FOUND (ABORTING MOD): $this->model_catalog_download->editDownload($this->request->get['download_id'], array_merge($this->request->post, $data));
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for that line in download.php, the closest I find is :
$this->model_catalog_download->editDownload($this->request->get['download_id'], $this->request->post);

Post by bull5-i » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:04 pm

You are using wrong version of the extension for your OpenCart installation. Please download & install the correct version.

Post by botkindl » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Silly me! Didn't read the entire list of downloads, or I'd have seen that. Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious.

Post by georges » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi,

I want the tab "Downloads" to be displayed under description not inline, can this be achive with your module?

Case de marcat|Casa de marcat|Cantare electronice

Post by bull5-i » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:06 pm

How you handle the theme integration is entirely up to you. You may re-position the downloads as you wish.

Post by georges » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:33 pm

i just noticed i have this error.

2014-02-10 11:24:10 - PHP Warning: scandir( /home/octoserv/public_html/download/autoadd) [<a href='function.scandir'>function.scandir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/octoserv/public_html/admin/model/catalog/download_auto_add.php on line 4
2014-02-10 11:24:10 - PHP Warning: scandir() [<a href='function.scandir'>function.scandir</a>]: (errno 2): No such file or directory in /home/octoserv/public_html/admin/model/catalog/download_auto_add.php on line 4

My directory i set like this /home/octoserv/public_html/download/autoadd/

Post by bull5-i » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Apparently /home/octoserv/public_html/download/autoadd/ does not exist or PHP does not have access to it.

Post by georges » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:49 pm

My site was in subfolder and the module was working ok.Now I just move it to root and not working, could be related to that?