Post by magzen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:26 pm

Great keep up the good work, looking forward to upgrading :banana:

Post by rmullaney77 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:17 am

Looks pretty clean.

Note: For those asking about whether or not a design is responsive... you don't need a phone or tablet to check, just adjust your window size ;)

--------------------------------------------------
My BlogMy ExtensionsOpenCart Templates

Location - Tampa, Florida

Post by dazzyweb » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:06 am

Hi

Any update on when Opencart 2.0 will be released or an estimated release time?

Not sure if to wait out until new version or not.

Cheers

Post by opencartplus.com » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:48 am

Dear Daniel,
Wish you a new year reap much success.

I see version 2.0 there are great improvements, significantly increased performance.
But I have a small question (suggestion) about addScript and addStyle:
-How we can use the function addScript and addStyle from the template file (.tpl)?
For example, in the file "catalog/controller/product/product.php" at line 221, we have use: "$this->document->addScript('catalog/view/javascript/jquery/magnific.js');"(*).
Instead of this (*), can we use this function in the file "catalog/view/theme/default/template/product/product.tpl" ?
If we can do this, developers can use the different image gallery slideshow script and css which is no need intervention modification (vQmod) for default route (product, checkout, slideshow, etc), without script and css excess.
We can directly insert the javascript scripts and css into template file, but the script will be contained in in the body tag instead of the head tag, this is not valid with "W3C html validator", cause reduced performance and excess default script.
Hope my description is understandable, i only have a small suggest, i'm not found a solution to solve this issue.

Sorry for my clumsy English.

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:35 pm

You should not change any of the view/theme/default/template/*/*.tpl files.

You should do that only within your own web theme, in which case you might as well add your script directly to your web theme's product.tpl, e.g. something like:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="catalog/view/javascript/jquery/magnific.js"></script>

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by fisher05 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 am

so is 2.0 actually downloadable from Github.. so you can actually have a play with it on a your own server?

obviously I know its not finished.. but can you actually test it out? help with bugs etc? or is it just made available so developers can help polish/develop it?

cheers.

Fisher05

Post by dazzyweb » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:24 am

I have to say this all sounds a little worrying.

Is opencart still in development or should i jump over to prestashop?

Post by Eveline » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:43 am

Actually i am looking into the same thing. They improved A LOT over the last year. I know it's quality not quantity but they have released a lof of quality updates last year. Other then OpenCart why just had a payment method update that doesn't even apply to those not in America. Not really an update should have been an add-on.

They seem to have taken over position of 'rising star' from OpenCart.

Post by pprmkr » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:35 am

Eveline wrote: * sight*

Been waiting for soooo long now.
Indeed ! 2 years already ? http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 60#p240559 And still here ?

Location - Netherlands

Post by Eveline » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:46 am

Yes. What i was waiting for was pulled out of that release. Ofcource not announced it was just not in there. I would be in a later release. Then 2.0. So i waited. Again... And again.....

You can't accuse me for not beeing patient.

Just installed Demo Prestashop. Everthing that is in OpenCart + Everthing that might be in 2.0 is in there. And more. Downside it's more complicated in use but that is because it's much more feature rich than OpenCart.

I'm gone goodbye. Prestashop has surpassed OpenCart this year.

Post by dazzyweb » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:33 am

Any encouraging words here for opencart?

Post by Johnaton » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:18 am

Honestly I'm kinda in the same boat.

I just hope that when 2.0 gets released it'll at the very least be stable enough for production and a worthwile improvement over previous versions instead of more addons.
Seriously, there's plenty developers willing to build third party plugins for whatever payment gateways exist, but there's some fundamental issues in the core functionality of OpenCart that need fixing!

No product variations, product options not working as they should, still quite some spaghetti code, database integrity anyone? The list goes on...

I'm still looking forward to the 2.0 release, don't get me wrong, but this just doesn't come over as professional.

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:53 am

They sent out an "official Opencart" Newsletter saying 2.0 was on its way soon so I have no reason not to believe it. It's a major overhaul so it's going to take some time.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by dazzyweb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:10 pm

I didn't receive any newsletter.

When is soon?
Next month? Next year?

Does anyone have any idea?

Post by Xyph3r » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:28 pm

No one has any idea..I'm just tired of this question...If the owner says that he is working on it and nothing else...what can WE say?

When is ready, it will be realeased. So stop the pressure and let them make a good job....And I saw a lots of..moving to another ideas in this topic....everyone is free to go...but the question is..why everyone is still here? Because Opencart is still good and perhaps 2.0 will be even better.

ImageImageImage
Opencart Templates, Modules, Themes & Custom Development | ShopThemer

Post by dazzyweb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Hi

I only just arrived and deciding which way to go.

opencart or prestashop.

I wouldn't want to put any pressure on anyone especially such as releasing the next version.

I was drawn towards opencart so wanted to just get a gauge of what is happening here.

Maybe I have the wrong impression but from what I have seen so far the community here seems a little hostile.

At the moment I am just trying to see the pros and cons of investing some of my time into opencart.

I would love to hear some positive words on this project.

Post by cwswebdesign » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:53 pm

The only thing I can say is that I see almost daily updates to the coding so it isn't like they've abandoned the project or anything.

DL

This account is inactive. Look for us under the name 'EvolveWebHosting' and contact us under that username.

Thanks!

Location - USA

Post by Xyph3r » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:35 am

dazzyweb wrote:
Maybe I have the wrong impression but from what I have seen so far the community here seems a little hostile.

At the moment I am just trying to see the pros and cons of investing some of my time into opencart.

I would love to hear some positive words on this project.
Not hostile at all...but I heard this question over and over again...and everytime it has the same answer...
Anyway..when 2.0 will be released..there will be a lots of bugs and is better for you to go with the actual version right now.
Last edited by Xyph3r on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImageImage
Opencart Templates, Modules, Themes & Custom Development | ShopThemer

Post by butte » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:44 am

The link above to http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 22#p465931
is to i2Paq's succinct,
"When it is ready."

After preliminary github availability while it is initially unveiled and rolled out without intending that anyone put it into production stores, there will beta testing in order to debug it with no intention that anyone put it into production stores, before production release, likewise "When it is ready."

Prestashop never did, never will surpass OC. Even older OC versions surpass current Prestashop.

Guru Member