Post by anuragbabaji » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 am

Hello,

I just installed Opencart from github and realized that it is 2.0 - I very much liked what I saw. I have a project coming up in the coming months and am wondering whether 2.0 would be a feasible option, or if it is better to stay with 1.5.x for now.
  • Is there an estimated release date as of yet?
  • How big are the changes in terms of plugins / extensions integrate? Will it take developers a long time to update their extensions for the version?
  • I tried installing vqmod 2.4.1 with Opencart 2.0, and got an error - Error: Could not load database driver mysqli! - on both frontend and admin. Is there an updated vqmod version already? Since many extensions rely on vqmod, that too makes me wary of starting to use 2.0
Thanks for your input.

Post by andrei.bogdan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi,

It's better to stay with the 1.5.x version for now, you need to wait for the 2.1 version, as it will have fixed any bugs that may appear.

I had trouble with version 1.5.6 and on 1.5.6.1 all my problems were already fixed by default.

Andrei.

Andrei
andrei.opencart[at]yahoo.com
Themes and Extensions

Post by Johnathan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Yes, I'd wait until 2.0 has been released for at least a few months. That way any major bugs will be fixed, and you won't have bugs on a live store.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by anuragbabaji » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:46 am

Thank you for your input!

Post by sml » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:23 am

my guess is about 6 mths at least before all the bits and pieces (theme & extension) will be upgraded and ready and bug-tested and updated .. based on my site requirements.

if you dont use any extensions, then perhaps it is worth taking the risk with an early v2 stable production release.

what are your costs for development?

sml

Post by oclvr » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:16 am

Does OC 2.0 have "Grouped products" feature?

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:02 pm

oclvr wrote:Does OC 2.0 have "Grouped products" feature?
What exactly do you mean by 'grouped products'?

There are various ways to accomplish this in OpenCart.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member