Post by James » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:42 pm

Now that OpenCart 2.0 has been released, we're looking for more shipping gateways to integrate with the OpenCart system.

We'd love to hear which shipping gateways you'd like to see integrated next - they can be specific to your country or major international companies. Please let us know if there are any updates or changes that you feel should be made to the existing shipping integrations. You can view our current shipping integrations here.

Thanks!
J
Last edited by James on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location - Leeds, UK

Post by giometra » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:11 pm

The most used in Italy are TNT, DHL, BRT (Bartolini) and SDA (from post office)
In Holland TNT
Cheers

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:05 pm

James wrote:Now that OpenCart 2.0 has been released, we're looking for more shipping gateways to integrate with the OpenCart system.

We'd love to hear which shipping gateways you'd like to see integrated next - they can be specific to your country or major international companies. Please let us know if there are any updates or changes that you feel should be made to the existing shipping integrations. You can view our current shipping integrations here.

Thanks!
J
Are these going to be optional downloads, or part of the core download? I'm all for multiple payment gateways, but I don't see much use in a load of shipping options for everyone to download without a use for them. If anything, the list should be getting smaller and be an optional download available from the ext store (through the admin panel like wordpress does with plugins would be ideal)

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by beipink » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Probably a standard tool to enter rates + possibility to create customized CSV files for export would be great.
Most of the shipping company, Post, DHL, Fedex, TNT etc etc they all work the same way.

Rates it's a simple matrix, for each products/services ie, road, express, overnight, etc etc. price is calculated -> Base + (fee/Kg)*Kg. Both base and fee/Kg rates are based on postcodes ranges. ie postcodes 1to10 use all rate X postcodes 11 to 20 rate Y etc etc.
Weight could be actual weight or volumetric, L*W*H*(factor) -> factor is provided by the courier.
How difficult could it be to create an flexible tool that allow to enter and save all rates + a tool to export customizable CSV files.

Most of the couriers will accept CSV files to import into their system for creation of connotes.
If required, PM me and I can help with the logic to calculate shipping prices and admin UI.
Last edited by beipink on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by James » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:13 pm

So we are looking at localised downloads including languages etc.

So Jay your right in saying the list should be getting smaller, and that's the plan. US dont need UK shipping services, Italy doesn't US etc etc so each module will be acquired based on the users operation with the option of having other modules should they need them. The same will also be true for the payment gateways - most don't support all countries, so if that's the case it wont be in specific downloads.

Anyway it is early days - its more of a "what do you want" thread as opposed to "how its done"...but the idea is along those lines :)

Location - Leeds, UK

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Ah OK great stuff

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by James » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:39 pm

JAY6390 wrote:Ah OK great stuff
Great stuff as always mate :) I'm sure i'll be skyping you at some point to get your ideas!

Location - Leeds, UK

Post by trinkaljuneja » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:22 pm

left something for develpoers

A coder by Hobby and Developer by Profession

Images in Manufacture
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6943
Description and images in Manufacture
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... on_id=6978

http://codertj.com

Post by davidbfranks » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:45 pm

Would love to see the big carriers properly integrated, such as UPS. So you can export orders directly into Worldship and import tracking numbers back directly into OpenCart.

Also Click an Collect seems to be the buzzword around shipping right now (being able to have you item dropped at a local collection point), the likes of Collect+, ByBox, MyHermes

Thanks

Location - London

Post by Start Online Here » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:07 am

I would like to see AnPost (The Postal Service For Ireland) been integrated in fact I often considered getting an extension developed for this but just didn't get around to it.

I think it may be a fairly simple one as Ireland basically has four weight classes (Letter/ Postcard, Large Envelope, Packet or Parcel) and four postal zones (Ireland/Northern Ireland, Great Britian, Europe and Rest of World). Here is a link that may explain things better http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates ... d+Post.htm

Some of the sites that I have set up using OpenCart are based in Ireland and when site owners are uploading products and are specifying weights for various zones they have to manually account for the weight class.

Post by zaski » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:20 am

I still OpenCart version 1.4.9 ;D , ya need to learn to be able to upgarde to OpenCart 2.0 ??? ??? ???

Post by Anttih » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 pm

I think that there should only be those shipping and payment gateways which operarates most of countries.

Shipping methods: Matkahuolto, Posti, PostNord
Payment methods: Advance payment / Bank transfer, Checkout, Paytrail, Maksukaista
Modules: Prinetti, Matkahuolto's adress label, Random Products
vQmod: Checkout prices with tax, Product price input with tax
See my all modules

Location - Finland

Post by astroroxy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:58 pm

It would be nice to have full integration with fedex and ups, including label generation, and tracking number email.

Post by skylimit » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:35 am

Canada Post, please!

Post by evaH » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:41 pm

Should be fine if Swedish post also was included. Mypack, Business pack and letter. No zones but under order total "Postförskott" (You pay when you pick up the parcel at the post office). This is an extra amount for parcels AND letters.

Post by JFOC » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:23 pm

Hello,
I would be happy if some shipping companies are include in OpenCart for Indonesian.

Indonesia shipping company:
JNE, Tiki, Pos Indonesia

Thank you

Post by milimar » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Post by mobilewill » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:45 am

I think a big one for US shops would be stamps.com. It would be so awesome instead of copying and pasting. And Endicia is a big one.

Current VQMods: http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... mobilewill
Blog: http://www.mobilewill.us
Shop: http://friedcircuits.us