Post by auz87 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:29 am

Hi there,

I'm having a serious issue with opencart Version 2.0.1.0. Every so often it will add a returning customer's previous order onto their latest order. This only seems to become apparent after they've placed their order and the confirmation email has gone through.

Any ideas what's causing this and how to stop it please? As you can imagine it's causing major headaches for me and my customers,

I'm using Stripe Payment Gateway (v220.1) extension if that's relevant.

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:41 am

Hi auz87,

since you posted this topic into the bug reports, could you provide the step-by-step that you did in order to obtain the above results?

In addition, to answer your last question, the payment module would only be relative in this case if the module itself can involve the returned products. Otherwise, it would not be relative based on the Opencart's returns utility.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by auz87 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:54 am

Hello,

I haven't been able to recreate the bug myself. However I get a report from a returning customer every couple of days and it's always the same scenario: previous order added onto the latest one.

Is it possible this could be to do with the cart saving feature and if so is there any way to stop carts being saved completely? I.e. logging out purges cart data.

Post by straightlight » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:05 am

auz87 wrote:Hello,

I haven't been able to recreate the bug myself. However I get a report from a returning customer every couple of days and it's always the same scenario: previous order added onto the latest one.

Is it possible this could be to do with the cart saving feature and if so is there any way to stop carts being saved completely? I.e. logging out purges cart data.
Since you cannot provide accurate information at this time, this topic will be moved to the General Support section of the forum until relative facts can be posted regarding bugs that should be reported.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gossamerLL » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:56 am

We are having this same issue. Opencart Version 2.0.3.1
Customer did not add product to their cart.
Customer did not see product during the checkout.
When order was placed, previous product was added onto the order.

Seems like the old product is stuck in their cart or not clearing from the cart somehow?
What should I look at?
Any thoughts appreciated.
Linda

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:15 am

What should I look at?
To upgrade to the latest version of Opencart. Most of passed issues have been resolved, including today: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=166011 . Official bug reports for the latest version of Opencart: http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=166012

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gossamerLL » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:49 am

Yea thanks I guess except scheduling that update from 2.0.3.1 to current on a live site has been an issue. Was trying to find a fix until I can do that upgrade.

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:38 am

gossamerLL wrote:Yea thanks I guess except scheduling that update from 2.0.3.1 to current on a live site has been an issue. Was trying to find a fix until I can do that upgrade.
The official bug report topic was provided on the above ... these are the official fixes.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gossamerLL » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:48 am

2.3 fixes do not help me with a 2.0.3.1 issue. Yea I get it I need to update the cart. The thread you sent me to is all 2.3 stuff. Our cart is not there yet....2.0.3.1 and going from 2.0.3.1 to 2.3.0.2 is not a simple quick update since some of the add-ons we have are not updated yet.

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:53 am

gossamerLL wrote:2.3 fixes do not help me with a 2.0.3.1 issue. Yea I get it I need to update the cart. The thread you sent me to is all 2.3 stuff. Our cart is not there yet....2.0.3.1 and going from 2.0.3.1 to 2.3.0.2 is not a simple quick update since some of the add-ons we have are not updated yet.
So the previous post is not about fixes that aren't working but rather about the fact that upgrading is not an option for you; which is fine. However, my previous analysis was about not leading other forum users into misleading information without stated facts since the fixes provided above does work for v2.3.0.2 release.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gossamerLL » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:05 am

Your answer does not make any sense or provide any form of help other than to try to belittle me when I'm just trying to find out if this is a known bug in 2.0 and if there was a fix for it that I could easily implement before upgrading.

Post by straightlight » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:08 am

In order to obtain a specific fix, step-by-step details on how you were able to notice an issue with the returns would be amended.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by gossamerLL » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:08 pm

Since it is happening randomly for one customer right now I've provided the details they gave me.
A product they purchased in the past is randomly being added onto their orders after they click checkout.
The product does not show in the cart during checkout.
They are charged for the product and it shows on the order email.

Post by artcore » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:42 pm

It is possible that during the previous checkout their cart didn't clear after success. Once on checkout for a new order and they login at that moment, the cart gets amended with the previously saved cart items.

Attn: I no longer provide OpenCart extensions, nor future support - this includes forum posts.
Reason: OpenCart version 3+ ;D

Thanks!

Location - The Netherlands

Post by auz87 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:38 am

gossamerLL wrote:We are having this same issue. Opencart Version 2.0.3.1
Customer did not add product to their cart.
Customer did not see product during the checkout.
When order was placed, previous product was added onto the order.

Seems like the old product is stuck in their cart or not clearing from the cart somehow?
What should I look at?
Any thoughts appreciated.
Linda

Yes a specific fix for this would be great as it's very difficult to upgrade version when we have a lot of modified extensions and a custom theme to contend with.

We've applied this change which deletes the customer's cart upon logging out, so it's not saved for their next visit, hoping this solves the issue:

https://isenselabs.com/posts/disable-sh ... encart-20x

Post by auz87 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:48 pm

The fix I linked to in my previous post (clearing customer cart on logout) did not work.

Still getting customers having previous orders added on to their latest one and being charged for it. Absolute nightmare..

Post by stockportdesign » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:45 am

hi
i had the same issue for a long time for one of my customers and i found the problem by accident.
i have created many websites for restaurants (online ordering website) and all work fine, only one of them has this issue.
All websites accept "cash on delivery" or "pay by paypal" as payment method and the problem was only with some PAID ORDERS. I noticed that "PayPal Express Checkout" and "PayPal Payments Standard" both are installed and active on the website with issue but on the other websites only "PayPal Payments Standard" have been installed. So, I just uninstalled "PayPal Express Checkout" module and its sorted.
If you use "PayPal Express Checkout" just uninstall it and use "PayPal Payments Standard" instead.
good luck