Post by sooty » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:36 pm

Hello

I've had a trawl through for details on upgrading 1.5 to 2.3 and there are quite a few articles but I can't seem to find one relating to what I want to do.

Current site is 1.5.6.4, but I don't want to upgrade that installation as it is time for a fresh installation.

The plan is to configure a clean installation of 2.3 in a new directory, with a new, clean database. I then want to migrate the database across to the new site once I've got it set up and tested..

Is there a migration tool available that doesn't affect the original database, but copies the content to the new one? Has the Opencart team developed one rather than risking a third party?

Please don't post links to hundreds of different ones, I'm looking for a tried and tested solution that stands no chance of messing up the existing database.

Yes I will be taking back-ups, would just prefer to avoid the hassle of re-installing!

Thoughts please?

Sooty

Post by dmsims » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Good luck with that!

There is no "official" migration tool

Despite the assertion of the Developers of Opencart "It works" the inplace upgrade (which I know you don't want) does not work properly

There is NO documentation

I want to upgrade as well but cannot

Post by lz1nud » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:55 pm

there is one extension called - ExcelPort, that you can move product descriptions, categories, manufactures, orders and clients between different versions of opencart. But is quite expensive.

Sky-Mag Bulgaria

Location - Bulgaria

Post by angela » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:24 am

Export your database via phpymadmin. Import tables as SQL one at a time after verifying table structure & re-naming fields appropriately.

No need to buy a tool, just takes a bit of time.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:09 am

dmsims wrote:Good luck with that!

There is no "official" migration tool

Despite the assertion of the Developers of Opencart "It works" the inplace upgrade (which I know you don't want) does not work properly

There is NO documentation

I want to upgrade as well but cannot
Have you tested the 'in place upgrade' script that comes with v2.3.0.2? Even though the documentation is inaccurate (which I think it always has been), the script works. It was written by Qphoria and tested by many.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by Ghost Leader » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:08 pm

angela wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:24 am
Export your database via phpymadmin. Import tables as SQL one at a time after verifying table structure & re-naming fields appropriately.

No need to buy a tool, just takes a bit of time.
Hy Angela,
can you tell us more about this?
What are exactly the steps to verify table structure?
best regards,
Gabriel

Post by johnp » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:39 am

I've upgraded from 1.5.6.4 to 2.3.0.2 using the upgrade script and for me it works fine.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK