Post by flpcarv » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:47 am

I made an extension to 2.3 and it was working normaly now I am trying to upgrade to 3.0 using Twig language but I am getting a blank page without any errors, not even on the logs file. Where should I look at to know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Post by linetrace » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 pm

You're probably getting PHP errors and may not have error logging enabled in your PHP.ini. I'd suggest researching how to verify and/or enable that on your platform/host.

Also, I've added some notes on what needs to be changed in an extension to upgrade it from 2.3.x to 3.0.x, beyond just the conversion of views from .tpl to .twig. See the second half of my How to successfully upgrade from OC 2.3.0.2 to 3.0.2.0 thread.

Location - Winooski, VT, US

Post by flpcarv » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:12 am

linetrace wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 pm
You're probably getting PHP errors and may not have error logging enabled in your PHP.ini. I'd suggest researching how to verify and/or enable that on your platform/host.

Also, I've added some notes on what needs to be changed in an extension to upgrade it from 2.3.x to 3.0.x, beyond just the conversion of views from .tpl to .twig. See the second half of my How to successfully upgrade from OC 2.3.0.2 to 3.0.2.0 thread.
My apache is configured to show any errors, so its probably something else, I should look for the twig engine error logs.

-----------------

Yeah I could't find what is wrong, it just show a blank page without showing any errors, I will stay with 2.3.x for now, I hope I can make it work at the end of the year.

Post by pm-netti » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:27 pm

linetrace wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi.
Can you try, add this script to index.php top:

Code: Select all

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

Location - Kittilä, Finland