Post by sputnik-1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 am

Hi all,

OC 3.0.1.2

I've created a category in Dashboard -> Catalog -> Categories and gave it a parent category name, but it still does not show up as a sub-category of the parent category. Is there something else I need to do please?

TIA

Keith
Last edited by sputnik-1 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:32 am

Tried ticking the 'top' checkbox? Are you on the default theme or a custom theme?

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by sputnik-1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Thanks for your reply MarketInSG.

Yes I'm using a custom theme and I'm not getting any auto-complete when I try to add a sub-category to a parent category, or when I try to add a product to a category.

Is it because I'm using a custom theme?

TIA

Keith

Post by sputnik-1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 pm

What I'm trying to do is to create a sub-category that is a child category of a parent category that exists in the top menu bar.

Anyway, on a fresh default installation of OC 3.0.1.2 if I go to Dashboard -> Catalog -> Products and edit the
product listing for:

Desktops -> Mac -> iMac

Code: Select all

iMac
    Brand: Apple
    Product Code: Product 14
    Availability: In Stock
Under the Links tab if I remove Mac the from the Categories field, when I try to type Mac back into the field it does not auto-complete as expected.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something else wrong there?

TIA

Keith

Post by MarketInSG » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 pm

If you type the first few letter of the parent category, it should drop down for you to select from. If it doesn't, you may need to have someone to look into the issue for you. By default, that should be working.

Guru Member

Location - Singapore

Post by sputnik-1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:22 pm

I've actually tried this on a fresh default installation of OC 3.0.1.2 and the result is still the same.

Keith

Post by sputnik-1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:21 am

This seems to be a browser issue with Firefox 55. Maybe I have loaded too many plugins?

Anyway, I tried with Arora and the category and product drop down list worked fine. It did take several seconds for the list to appear. And I have managed to assign products to a category, and make sub-categories as well.

Is there anyway I can speed this up please?

Keith

OK. I tried with Firefox 55 using a new profile, and the category and product drop down lists worked with that profile. So it must be a browser extension I have installed that's causing this issue. The drop down list appeared in about 5 seconds.