Post by so2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:53 am

Hello,

I have spent the last two days researching the forum for a resolution to this and have found nothing. I am running on OC 3.0.2.0. and every time that I log in I have to create a new password in sql (under user) for my password. If not I get a error stating " No match for Username and/or Password". I cannot figure out why this is happening. I have tried re-uploading files, changing out my passwords, double checking both my .htaccess and configuration files (which are all correct). I even tried the ocreset.php file. It worked but only for that session. After I logged out the password I had chosen no longer worked. Only a manual reset of my password in my database works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

so2

Post by yodapt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:36 pm

That doesnt look good ... Database data doesnt simply change, someone or something is doing that. Check for suspicious scripts that you might have installed, change all passwords and contact your hosting company about it.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by straightlight » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:02 am

In your host console, see if you can find a recent error message regarding the password authentication method either when you succeed or failed to login to your Opencart admin-end.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by so2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:58 am

Thank you for your responses. I have looked at everything very closely. I have a limited number of extensions on my website as many do not work well with my theme. I have a total of four mods tops that I am currently running. I went through each of those and found no back doors into my website.I also checked my ftp and admin logs to see if anyone gained entry through those and it was a no. I only saw my ip address. I then used your suggestion and changed my database passwords.

Here is what I noticed. After I reset my admin password in sql and my salt I was able to log in with no problem. After I logged out and tried to log back in I was not able to. The salt field in the user database had completely disappeared and was empty. I removed the salt field to see if I could find what was causing the issue. The error produced was from file "admin/model/user/user.php". I noticed that the file was updated from OC 3.0.2.0 in the opencart-master file. I tried updating this file and no luck. I will keep trying to see what is causing this issue.

so2

Post by straightlight » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:13 am

The error produced was from file "admin/model/user/user.php"
Can you post the generated error produced from that file?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by TROOPER429 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:15 am

I'm having the same problem. I just installed opencart 2.0.3 on a godaddy cpanel and I can't log in to the admin panel. Can someone help?

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:07 am

Well, just download this (db.class) Version File, it also worked in earlier OC-2 Versions.
it checks on, what Admin Names exist, and replace the existing password for a selected Name.
JUST MAKE SURE, to remove the file again afterwards, because anyone could use it again,
by simply checking Sites for the file name pwreset.php
Good Luck ;)
Ernie
---
read this too:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=163168&p=620569#p620569
---
Admin Passwort Reset
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=13800

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland