Post by adibranch » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi All, i installed an extension which the developer stated was working on OC3. It wasnt, it had bugs, and it seems hes now withdrawn OC3 support.
However, despite uninstalling it via the admin panel, the files still remain (the extension was installed via FTP). The error also therefore remains.

How do i get rid of this extension completely? I tried deleting the uploaded files but ran into problems with the storage directory still containing a lot of modifications relating to it.

Post by yodapt » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Clear the modifications cache under Extensions > Modifications > Clear

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by adibranch » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:51 pm

done that, the error is still there, as the files are still there.

Post by kestas » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:53 pm

You need uninstall module, clear modifications, need to clean all cash files from storage (except index.html file), delete all module files from server via FTP. It should help, if some core files was not be changed during module instalation.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by adibranch » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Thanks..

So, where are the cache files i need to remove? Also, i've noticed there are a lot of changes in the storage directory which mention the modification. I'm not entirely sure how the storage directory works, but do i need to clean these files one by one, or can the entire storage directory be rebuilt ?

Post by kestas » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 pm

adibranch wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:23 pm
Thanks..

So, where are the cache files i need to remove? Also, i've noticed there are a lot of changes in the storage directory which mention the modification. I'm not entirely sure how the storage directory works, but do i need to clean these files one by one, or can the entire storage directory be rebuilt ?
by default cash files are in system/storage/cash directory, if you not move storage somewhere... delete all in cash directory except index.html. In admin>extension>modification clear modification. clear your browser cash.. this should be enough, if some core files was not be changed by installing some modules.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here