Post by Dnk32 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:36 pm

Hello !

I don't know if is correctly where i post it , but i am searching for an extension that can automatic make customer when order is created .
In My Shop , customers can make orders as guest , but those orders are not catch as customers .
There would be a good idea to keep the customer when order is created , not only as register mode .

Best regards,
Dnk

Post by yodapt » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Guests wont give you information such as their password of choice, so how do you intend to work around that? Also, you would assume the email they specify in their billing address to be the email they would pick to register an account.

So all you could do at this point would be guessing. The best you could do would be to use that email to send them a message asking if they wanted to register an account and pointing them to a page where they just had to type in their desired password.

Opencart Developer - My Extension Showcase
Contact me at aeon.yoda@gmail.com

Post by Dhaupin » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:53 am

This is a good idea. Cs-cart has this sort of behavior and it's very handy. It's just a customer that can't log in, like no password = account locked.

I will look into how this would work for oc 3.x over the weekend

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by straightlight » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:03 am

While the above analogy is correct, another way to find a more distinguish account information is from the customer's transaction information details with the email address from the payment provider's API. It is less likely that a payment information may pass the anti-fraud system, when enabled, if there would be inaccurate payment information details. The email address may not be 100% accurate still even on a successful payment. However, it may definitely be more accurate compared to the one that is stored locally in Opencart since several payment processing systems may require to have a valid email address for account activation purposes.

By collecting those email addresses, it would avoid the guessing methodology as to ease your first point of contact in order to reach those customers. ;)

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Dnk32 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:46 am

The password can be random generated and sent into email as
"Welcome to {name}
Your account is ,
Username
Password
Activate account by click to this link
You can change the password when you log in"

Post by Dhaupin » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:54 am

Dnk32 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:46 am
"Welcome to {name}
Your account is ,
Username
Password
I started building this out as an ocmod for Opencart 3, it works pretty well so far. I am working out the best method to distinguish guest vs registered vs existing emails without manipulating DB or causing issues if the mod is uninstalled. I think there will have to be a DB mapping table (oc 3 marketplace does not allow extra fields on customer) and some kinda reverse/disable guest logic.

I havent built the email part yet. I hope i can get it into marketplace by before Tues. Stay tuned :)

https://creadev.org | support@creadev.org - Opencart Extensions, Integrations, & Development. Made in the USA.

Location - PA

Post by Dnk32 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Dhaupin wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:54 am
Dnk32 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:46 am
"Welcome to {name}
Your account is ,
Username
Password
I started building this out as an ocmod for Opencart 3, it works pretty well so far. I am working out the best method to distinguish guest vs registered vs existing emails without manipulating DB or causing issues if the mod is uninstalled. I think there will have to be a DB mapping table (oc 3 marketplace does not allow extra fields on customer) and some kinda reverse/disable guest logic.

I havent built the email part yet. I hope i can get it into marketplace by before Tues. Stay tuned :)
:laugh: You're like the Japanese trains ! (It is good)
Does your mode will work for 2.3 too ?