Post by durkbusta » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:20 am

Hey

I just upgraded my store from 1.5.6.4 to 3.0.2.0. It seems to be doing pretty good but i have these weird User Group issues. I seems the amount of checked permissions is limited. I can just select all and press save, it will uncheck quite a few automatically. I can selectively choose the ones i need and save those, but its a bit of a pain.
Is there a certain db limit issue that i might have ran into? Any idea on how to fix this ? thanks

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:20 pm

It would be best to truncate your user group table from your database and re-insert the values in this case. However, when doing so, ensure to follow these steps: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=169431&p=699273&h ... ue#p699275

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by durkbusta » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:21 am

Thanks for the advise, i changed both files and resaved my permissions. However the problem remains.
The system says it successfully saved the changes but when i open the list it still has quite a few items unchecked.
I can get around it by unselecting a few that i don't need and then enable the ones that i do, but its still a bit of a pain.
Any other ideas ? :)

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:36 am

Did you truncated the user groups table from the database and re-inserted the values into the database from your previous database backup?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by durkbusta » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:15 am

Oh snap, no i didnt. I just followed the link you send.
I just upgraded Opencart from 1.5.6.4 to 3.0.2.0 so my db backup would be the wrong version ...

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:31 am

Truncate the user groups table and re-insert the default values from your install/opencart.sql file. Ensure to use the right database table prefix before executing the query in your PHPMyAdmin.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON