Post by durkbusta » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:20 am

Hey

I just upgraded my store from 1.5.6.4 to 3.0.2.0. It seems to be doing pretty good but i have these weird User Group issues. I seems the amount of checked permissions is limited. I can just select all and press save, it will uncheck quite a few automatically. I can selectively choose the ones i need and save those, but its a bit of a pain.
Is there a certain db limit issue that i might have ran into? Any idea on how to fix this ? thanks

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:20 pm

It would be best to truncate your user group table from your database and re-insert the values in this case. However, when doing so, ensure to follow these steps: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=169431&p=699273&h ... ue#p699275

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by durkbusta » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:21 am

Thanks for the advise, i changed both files and resaved my permissions. However the problem remains.
The system says it successfully saved the changes but when i open the list it still has quite a few items unchecked.
I can get around it by unselecting a few that i don't need and then enable the ones that i do, but its still a bit of a pain.
Any other ideas ? :)

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:36 am

Did you truncated the user groups table from the database and re-inserted the values into the database from your previous database backup?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by durkbusta » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:15 am

Oh snap, no i didnt. I just followed the link you send.
I just upgraded Opencart from 1.5.6.4 to 3.0.2.0 so my db backup would be the wrong version ...

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:31 am

Truncate the user groups table and re-insert the default values from your install/opencart.sql file. Ensure to use the right database table prefix before executing the query in your PHPMyAdmin.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON