Post by siteadvice » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Can anyone please advise on what is the best way to configure
  • Order Status
    Processing Order Status
    Complete Order Status
in the Opencart settings (I'm using v2, but I think it's much the same in other versions?

The site I'm running is selling on a pretty standard model - there is limited stock and therefore stock should be removed when a customer completes his or her transaction (ie. payment has been confirmed).

Is this the correct method for this site?
Order Status: Complete (ie. paid in full)
Processing Order Status: Complete (ie. subtract stock as soon as customer has paid)
Complete Order Status: Complete (but probably isn't relevant for this site, which is selling all real-life deliverable goods)

Seems like this should be very straighforward, but I may be misunderstanding and I wouldn't be the first. I have seen comments in the forum from people who have struggled with this and found that stock is being deleted multiple times, presumably because Opencart provides checkboxes for these options when one would imagine radio buttons would make more sense?

inframes.com Website Design with Opencart, Wordpress, Lucee and bespoke application design and development

Post by straightlight » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 pm

This post might be useful: viewtopic.php?f=191&t=200017#p705080 . It may explain the reward point strategy. Although, those types of settings applies for all subjects.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by daveyoi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:29 am

Hey Jon,

My understanding of these settings are as follows;

Order Status = The status an order should go into if picked up by opencart fraud rules (blacklist etc)

Processing = Any status that should deduct stock / add reward points etc..

Complete = Any status that should confirm downloadable product/voucher send and importantly not allocate stock back that was deducted by Processing.

A real world example..

Our payment gateway is setup to move the order to "Processed" status when payment is confirmed. Once the order has been processed it is manually moved to "Shipped"

So we have Order Status = "Pending" (so we catch orders picked up by opencart fraud rules).

Processing = "Processed"

Compete = "Shipped"

If our order takes the normal route it will go "Missing (Created)" -> "Processed (Stock Deducted)" -> "Shipped"

If for whatever reason the customer decides to cancel the order after it has been in processed status and we move the order to "Canceled" - the stock will be reallocated because cancelled is not set as a Processing or Complete status in options.

Tristar Web Solutions