Post by sukhbirgs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:12 am

Hello, i am having issue with custom field file upload. I added custom file field to customer info, i can select the file after clicking the button and it uploads the file. I get javascript confirmation that file has been successfully uploaded but database entry in custom field is empty. I checked files is uploaded and it shows in System->tools->uploads but custom filed is not being updated with file name.
Any pointers what i should be looking at.
Opencart Version 2.3.0.2
Thanks

Post by imdevlper18 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:16 pm

This may not be the answer for your question. This extension below helps you see the file in customer info for custom fields:
https://www.cartbinder.com/store/file-d ... eld-upload

Very handy and free.

Opencart Extensions | Professional opencart support | Support Ticket | support@cartbinder.com

Post by sukhbirgs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:28 am

Thanks, for reply. I got it working.

Post by dbots » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:47 am

Hi, I have a similar problem with custom file field.
I want the customer who decides to register, to be prompted to upload a file (tax info).
I added a custom "file" field from opencart administration and it displays fine, but the problem is that when a file is selected it is uploaded instantly when selected and not as part of the whole registration form.
So, when the user who is about to register presses the registration button, the file upload field seems empty (because file has been uploaded independently with a separate process/ajax form) and if the custom file upload field is required, then the form can never be submitted because that field seems always empty.
Do you have some suggestion for this please ?