Post by dexus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi,
Opencart version 3.0.2.0

I have been trying to rectify some of the horrendous translations in the Norwegian language pack, and edited the various .php files under "admin/language/no-No/" There are misspellings, right out wrong translations and upper and lower case for menu items vary all over the place.

My changes does not appear after uploading the edited files. I have tried the following:

Reset the cache in Admin under settings
Deleted the files in /system/storage/cache
Looked all over for anything related to cache files both in the file structure and in the admin panel

The strange thing is, that I even downloaded the entire site to local disk, searched ALL the files for one of the misspelled words that still appear in my admin menu, and couldn't find ANY file that contained that word at all... now how can that be?
Please help!

dexus.

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Reset the cache in Admin under settings
There are no cache settings under the admin settings page. Admin - > dashboard - > blue square icon - > clear both caches. Admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button
Deleted the files in /system/storage/cache
See these instructions: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=201745#p713479
Looked all over for anything related to cache files both in the file structure and in the admin panel
If so, then the URL above would not be able to be referred to.
The strange thing is, that I even downloaded the entire site to local disk, searched ALL the files for one of the misspelled words that still appear in my admin menu, and couldn't find ANY file that contained that word at all... now how can that be?
Because the system/storage folder contains dynamic / cloned files while your perspective was rather to find solid files from the core that would remain in the system/storage directory which is not the case.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dexus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Yes!
The "Admin - > extensions - > modifications - > refresh button" did the trick.. I didn't realize that I had to refresh the modifications after editing language files.. thank you.