Post by davidcropley » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:50 pm

As some of you may know there is an issue with uploading photos to ebay now that they have changed their photo filename policy so that spaces are not allowed in the filename (or folder name for that matter too). Does any one know of a (preferably free) module that will update all image filenames in OC to include a - or _ instead of a space to eliminate this problem? My OC version is 2.0.3.2 so an extension or vqmod for this would be very useful as I have quite a few that need renaming.
:choke:

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Quite an old OC version. Your request may have been added afterwards on more recent OC versions.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by davidcropley » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:01 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 pm
Quite an old OC version. Your request may have been added afterwards on more recent OC versions.
True, it may be worth upgrading. ;)
According to Openbay support the problem lies with eBay's update so I'd imagine it will affect all Openbay users? I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem?

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:18 pm

This has also been reported on Github Opencart recently regarding the Openbay updates. Not an easy API to adapt with. ;)

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by davidcropley » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:21 am

straightlight wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:18 pm
This has also been reported on Github Opencart recently regarding the Openbay updates. Not an easy API to adapt with. ;)
Thanks for the tip Straightlight, I might keep an eye on GitHub to see if a patch gets released - for now I am having to take all of the spaces out of the file names manually, reassign the image in OpenCart to the new file name and then I can list with OpenBay. Takes about 10-15 mins each. I had hoped to add a few hundred listings to eBay but I won't be able to do that now as it will just take too long. That's why I was hoping for a module to convert them. It looks like some people have done this before for some older versions of OC, but I couldn't find any for my version anywhere in the Marketplace.

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:31 am

With the prior versions of the extensions, it can still be accomplished as long as the maintenance are still maintained on those extensions.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by davidcropley » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:51 am

straightlight wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:31 am
With the prior versions of the extensions, it can still be accomplished as long as the maintenance are still maintained on those extensions.
Unfortunately, many are not.

Post by straightlight » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:11 am

Any URL extensions you could provide?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON