Post by HarishST » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:08 pm

Please suggest me the procedure to add a "Simple Dropdown" in "admin/index.php?route=sale/order/info" like Order Status Drop Down!
I need it as A Module/Extension, so that anyone can install it and remove it if they don't need.
I could create this by directly hard coding into the sale/order_info.tpl, but I need it as a Module/extension.
Can Anyone Help ?

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Which kind of help are you looking for? Nobody will describe you the whole process, you need to learn it yourself. Start with understanding of MVC structure, then take any other simple module and see, how it is made. And finally create your own extension by copying and modifying that other simple module (the easy way).

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by HarishST » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanks for your Reply. I have already created a simple module, which retrieves the Database data into catalog Front End.
I can add that module in extensions and I can successfully add it into any page.

Now I am trying to create a Module for Admin not for Front End. It is a simple one actually. I have to create an extension, so that when I install it, in the route "admin/sale/order_info" a drop down box should be displayed, which should display the DB details.

I am not asking for the whole process or code. I just need the help on "The Procedures and files I have to create" and How O can enable the dropdown on installing the extension. I am so confused, how I can display the .tpl in in another .tpl :(

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:10 pm

You don't need to add one TPL into another. You just need to insert the code using VQMod/OCMod.

Expert Member

Post by HarishST » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 pm

Ok Thanks... Is there any Documentation or Links I can Refer to ? I am able to create a separate custom page in admin as extension. But Don't have an idea about changing existing .tpl file !

Any Reference will help me a lot!

Post by thekrotek » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:56 pm

If you intend to develop this extension for 2.x and up, use only OCMod and forget VQMod.
If for 1.5.x, create another extension using VQMod.

And 1 tip: download a free extension from the market for 2.x and/or 3.x using OCMod, and see how this is done - this will help you more than the OCMod documentation.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by HarishST » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:55 am

Thank You So Much Both of YOU @thekrotek @OSWorlx .
Thanks for your suggestions and help. I will try to change the system core files using OCmod. :)