Post by wfragakis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:27 am

Wrestling with this one and the solution indicated above by straighlight did not work for me (yes, yes, flushed caches, etc.)

Did notice that my header displayed the proper wishlist count and, further, that it uses the same text variable. I also completely deleted any wishlist text strings in account.php and still had the Wishlist (%s) displayed which leads me to believe that there is a collision of test strings with account/account.php and common/header.php. If this helps those with a deeper understanding of ferreting out the issue...

Post by cheeseus » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:18 am

wfragakis wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:27 am
Wrestling with this one and the solution indicated above by straighlight did not work for me (yes, yes, flushed caches, etc.)

Did notice that my header displayed the proper wishlist count and, further, that it uses the same text variable. I also completely deleted any wishlist text strings in account.php and still had the Wishlist (%s) displayed which leads me to believe that there is a collision of test strings with account/account.php and common/header.php. If this helps those with a deeper understanding of ferreting out the issue...
I have long abandoned this – it never worked for me either. But I hope they will fix this in the new version (indeed this page was altered a bit in the beta). And because it's been about a year since the last official release, it's high time a new version came out.

Post by cyclops12 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:18 am

cheeseus wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:05 pm
Thank you for replying. However, your fix does not solve the problem.
When I add the lines you've written, a different text appears ("Modify your wish list"), which should not be displayed there – I suppose it should be displayed on the Account/Wishlist page or elsewhere.
What should display in the left-hand-side menu is "Wish List" – a plain link that does not contain a variable. I guess the easiest fix would be to find the actual text in the corresponding language file and remove the variable in brackets. But I don't know which language file to look in.
And, equally important – if this is an actual bug, it should be reported and fixed.
Bit late reply but to edit "Modify your wish list" you will find the file in catalog/language/en-gb/account/account.php

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:09 am

What does that indicate?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by xxvirusxx » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:37 pm

Or another fix

Search in catalog/controller/account/account.php

Code: Select all

$data['wishlist'] = $this->url->link('account/wishlist');
add after

Code: Select all

if ($this->customer->isLogged()) {
			$this->load->model('account/wishlist');

$data['text_wishlist'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_wishlist'), $this->model_account_wishlist->getTotalWishlist());
		} else {
			$data['text_wishlist'] = sprintf($this->language->get('text_wishlist'), (isset($this->session->data['wishlist']) ? count($this->session->data['wishlist']) : 0));
		}
Last edited by xxvirusxx on Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by straightlight » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:14 pm

This solution has now been addressed on GitHub. Thanks for posting this.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nightfox » Sun May 19, 2019 12:24 am

Works perfectly. Thank you