Post by opensab677 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:32 am

For Straighlight
you on 6th january wrote
In admin - > extensions - > events page, ensure to see more than 1 event listed. If not, you need to truncate the event table in your Opencart database and to re-insert the values from your install/opencart.sql file located in the downloaded OC Zip file provided by opencart.com .

I don't understand how to do this operation. Explain me better.
I can't receive email on additional mailbox and my situation in dashboard is as here http://prntscr.com/ix5roq
thanks

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:42 am

A simplified explanation has been posted here: viewtopic.php?f=202&t=202500&p=715912#p715912

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by opensab677 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:01 pm

I continue not to receive email to additional mailbox

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Have you cleared all OC cache from the OC admin? viewtopic.php?f=176&p=718325#p718325

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Ben23 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 am

Thanks so much to luke213 for solving this problem. I was running out of hair to pull out!

Post by SGT » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:21 am

Much appreciate the effort you put into this luke213, thank you. :)

I did this slightly differently, I noticed that I already had two entries in the "events" table, they were to do with hiding ex-tax prices, so I wanted to keep those. So rather than drop the table I just added the records, but first I removed the index values (1-33) as I already had reccords 1 & 2. The index field is auto increment so I just removed that field from the SQL file. This is the file that I imported (based on luke213's file):

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `event` (`code`, `trigger`, `action`, `status`, `sort_order`) VALUES
('activity_customer_add', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addCustomer/after', 'event/activity/addCustomer', 1, 0),
('activity_customer_edit', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editCustomer/after', 'event/activity/editCustomer', 1, 0),
('activity_customer_password', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editPassword/after', 'event/activity/editPassword', 1, 0),
('activity_customer_forgotten', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editCode/after', 'event/activity/forgotten', 1, 0),
('activity_transaction', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addTransaction/after', 'event/activity/addTransaction', 1, 0),
('activity_customer_login', 'catalog/model/account/customer/deleteLoginAttempts/after', 'event/activity/login', 1, 0),
('activity_address_add', 'catalog/model/account/address/addAddress/after', 'event/activity/addAddress', 1, 0),
('activity_address_edit', 'catalog/model/account/address/editAddress/after', 'event/activity/editAddress', 1, 0),
('activity_address_delete', 'catalog/model/account/address/deleteAddress/after', 'event/activity/deleteAddress', 1, 0),
('activity_affiliate_add', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addAffiliate/after', 'event/activity/addAffiliate', 1, 0),
('activity_affiliate_edit', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editAffiliate/after', 'event/activity/editAffiliate', 1, 0),
('activity_order_add', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/before', 'event/activity/addOrderHistory', 1, 0),
('activity_return_add', 'catalog/model/account/return/addReturn/after', 'event/activity/addReturn', 1, 0),
('mail_transaction', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addTransaction/after', 'mail/transaction', 1, 0),
('mail_forgotten', 'catalog/model/account/customer/editCode/after', 'mail/forgotten', 1, 0),
('mail_customer_add', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addCustomer/after', 'mail/register', 1, 0),
('mail_customer_alert', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addCustomer/after', 'mail/register/alert', 1, 0),
('mail_affiliate_add', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addAffiliate/after', 'mail/affiliate', 1, 0),
('mail_affiliate_alert', 'catalog/model/account/customer/addAffiliate/after', 'mail/affiliate/alert', 1, 0),
('mail_voucher', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/after', 'extension/total/voucher/send', 1, 0),
('mail_order_add', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/before', 'mail/order', 1, 0),
('mail_order_alert', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/before', 'mail/order/alert', 1, 0),
('statistics_review_add', 'catalog/model/catalog/review/addReview/after', 'event/statistics/addReview', 1, 0),
('statistics_return_add', 'catalog/model/account/return/addReturn/after', 'event/statistics/addReturn', 1, 0),
('statistics_order_history', 'catalog/model/checkout/order/addOrderHistory/after', 'event/statistics/addOrderHistory', 1, 0),
('admin_mail_affiliate_approve', 'admin/model/customer/customer_approval/approveAffiliate/after', 'mail/affiliate/approve', 1, 0),
('admin_mail_affiliate_deny', 'admin/model/customer/customer_approval/denyAffiliate/after', 'mail/affiliate/deny', 1, 0),
('admin_mail_customer_approve', 'admin/model/customer/customer_approval/approveCustomer/after', 'mail/customer/approve', 1, 0),
('admin_mail_customer_deny', 'admin/model/customer/customer_approval/denyCustomer/after', 'mail/customer/deny', 1, 0),
('admin_mail_reward', 'admin/model/customer/customer/addReward/after', 'mail/reward', 1, 0),
('admin_mail_transaction', 'admin/model/customer/customer/addTransaction/after', 'mail/transaction', 1, 0),
('admin_mail_return', 'admin/model/sale/return/addReturn/after', 'mail/return', 1, 0),
('admin_mail_forgotten', 'admin/model/user/user/editCode/after', 'mail/forgotten', 1, 0);
To use save this as say 'fixemail.sql' (you may need to change 'event' to 'oc_event' as explained previously in this thread). I used mysql console but I assume you could also use PHPMyAdmin. The linux console command would be similar to:

# mysql -u {username} -p {databasename} < fixemail.sql

This imports the required records without dropping the table and potentially removing existing entries.

Pinball LEDs here: https://www.scribblygum.com.au

SGT

Location - Australia

Post by JenniferM23H » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:02 am

luke213 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:11 am
Thanks;) I'm not sure how wide spread this will be with upgrades, I honestly don't have another database on hand that is working to test the upgrade on, nor do I have the time to keep fiddling now that it's working;) I already lost way too many hours this week to finding this issue and fixing it. But I suspect it's either on all upgraded stores(wish I'd have noticed that "event" section earlier), or it's something that was carried over of sorts with my ancient database.
THANK YOU! I recently updated from 1.5 (something) to 3.0.2.0. We tried everything to get email to work. When someone would order I didn't get an email notification and neither did the customer. I tried too many things to keep track of trying to get it to work (working with Template Monster and OpenCart itself). Nothing worked! I searched the forums and tried everything I came across and nothing suggested work. We did what you suggested here and now things are working again! I'm getting email notifications and my customers are too. Thank you so much for the time you put into solving this problem and for taking the time to post it here. I'd still be having problems if it weren't for this post. Jennifer

Post by akshay.bramhane » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi All,

I also faced this issue and finally after wasting lot of time in debugging it ended up being a problem with the hosting company.
So I am using Opencart 3.0.2 and am using SMTP protocol. There is nothing wrong with SMTP.
Mail Engine - SMTP
Mail Parameter - Not required
SMTP Host : ssl://smpt.gmail.com (for gsuite and gmail)
SMTP username : your email
SMTP Password : your password
SMTP Port : 465
Timeout : 300

The catch here is with this setting you may get the FsockOpen Failure errors for SMTP, this is because the SMTP Port : 465 is not opened for you by your Hosting Company. Just ensure that you contact them and ask them to open this port for you.

Additionally, set and confirm your SPF and SKIM settings properly.

This worked for me for all possible mails including contact forms, mail communications, order notifications, etc.

Note : My Host Provider is Namecheap

Hope this helps!

Post by straightlight » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:13 pm

SMTP Host : ssl://smpt.gmail.com (for gsuite and gmail)
I fail to see how this parameter has worked for you.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by jfn99 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:26 am

Wow, this saved my day... after 4 hours searching this fixed it for me.
Anyone upgrading OC 2 to OC 3 will probably need this.
thanks a lot for this post!

Post by martinjones » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:45 am

luke213 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:10 am
Well I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM:)
So what it ended up being was the "event" section/table in the database. I never noticed it before today, I had finally merged a new and old database manually and pulled the info I needed and left everything else behind. Well afterwards I was patching up things that weren't enabled or needed to be fixed like taxes etc. Since I pulled only the necessary info for my customers, orders and products. Well as I was doing that I noticed the "event" section in the admin, and comparing to my existing installation I realized there were a bunch of notifications called from in there. So I exported that database from the working install pushed it into my primary database and low and behold it works like it should. ...
Superb - thank you - I had precisely this problem and your solution fixed it for me. My upgrade was from 1.5.1 to 3.0.20.
Martin

Post by duartemv » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:25 pm

luke213 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:10 am
Well I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM:)
Yes you did!!!! :) :) :) AMAZING detective work!!!!

After importing the eventpatch I had to rename the new created "event" table to add a prefix to match the old one, and after that it is working just as it should!!!

Post by vsnaustralia » Wed May 20, 2020 1:34 pm

I also have the same issue where no emails are being received from the Contact form. It worked during testing stage and live stage then now it suddenly stopped working. Submission on form is OK and says "Thank You. Enquiry sent!" but no email received.

OC is a fresh install and not an upgrade from an older version.

I have provided screenshots below of the following:

(1) Events list (47 events all enabled) - https://snipboard.io/eAdycU.jpg, https://snipboard.io/0grVA6.jpg, https://snipboard.io/ORQIU2.jpg

(2) Settings / Store - https://snipboard.io/YQtAzm.jpg

(3) Settings / Mail - https://snipboard.io/90LhD6.jpg

I tried adding -f shirleysflowers@gmail.com in Mail Parameters and this didn't work.
I tried SMTP with Gmail settings and that didn't work either.

If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks!

Post by letxobnav » Wed May 20, 2020 3:49 pm

1) contact form does not use events, it is straight emailing.
2) when using php mail you will always get a success message back as OC does not check if the mail was send successfully but instead always assumes it was.
3) so use smtp, al least it will give you feedback, if you continue with php mail, only your host can assist you.
It worked during testing stage and live stage then now it suddenly stopped working.
what stage are you in now?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by vsnaustralia » Wed May 20, 2020 3:56 pm

It worked during testing stage and live stage then now it suddenly stopped working.
what stage are you in now?
The site is now live.

Post by ADD Creative » Wed May 20, 2020 6:38 pm

If your hosting uses cPanel look in cPanel for Email -> Track Delivery and check if you see the emails in the list.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by steve.andrew7 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:57 am

Thanks for the solution it started working all my emails for customer and admin however forgot password is still not sending any email to customer, any clues?

Post by fred.elem » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:37 am

Thank You, You made my day :) After upgrading from 2.3 I hade the same issue.
What I did I logged on to mysql and directly pasted your INSERT sql code to the event table. And voila it works. Tx again