Post by coldwellr » Fri May 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Hi,

I'm using Ver 3.0.2.0 and I really want to include the PayPal transaction ID in the order email that gets sent to admin (not the customer email). I'm comfortable with editing the necessary files but I would really appreciate some guidance of tips if someone has already done this, before I start digging around? I know the transaction ID is included in the logs (as currently have debug enabled) so I ought to be able to get at it!

Many thanks in advance.

Post by dparakhiya » Fri May 03, 2019 7:06 pm

For quick, professional OpenCart support
contact me on skype : dparakhiya_1
email : dipneshp@gmail.com

Location - India

Post by coldwellr » Tue May 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks for the link. I've grabbed that plugin and it is useful to see how that is working.

Although that will put the transaction ID in the order history, I still need to come up with a way to get the PayPal transaction ID to be included in the order email. I know how to change the controller and view, I just have to figure out how to pass the txn_id to the controller > mail > order.php.

Has anyone done this already or can offer some advice?

Thanks.

Post by letxob » Tue May 07, 2019 8:04 pm

I believe that paid modification simply uses the paypal callback information that is posted by paypal and stores that in the order history while switching the order status from missing to pending.

That info comes in after the order email and alerts are send by OC so I do not see how you can include it in there.

You could use it and have OC send an additional alert email once the paypal callback functions adds to the order history.

Post by coldwellr » Tue May 07, 2019 9:55 pm

So, if it's after the email has been sent then yes that's tricky :)

The info all gets written into the log - I could maybe extract it from there. Or maybe I could get it to write the txn_id to the database when the order goes through. I will have to give this some more thought!

Thanks.