Post by atrane » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:45 am

Hello, today I was following advice on the forum to clear cache, so I clicked on the blue config button (top right) and a box is presented, and I turn both off, but then I got an Internal Error prompt, and now my Admin section is completely broke.

When I say completely broke, I mean all I get is 500 Error. Is there somewhere in the dB where I can correct this issue?

OC 3.0.3.1 Using Fastor Theme

Any And All help is appreciated.

UPDATE: Got the error log, and it states:

Code: Select all

2019-07-04 18:01:03 - PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening '/home/www/domain.com/storage/vendor/scss.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php7.3/lib/php') in /home/www/domain.com/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 7

2019-07-04 18:02:18 - PHP Warning:  include_once(/home/www/domain.com/storage/vendor/scss.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/domain.com/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 7

2019-07-04 18:02:18 - PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening '/home/www/domain.com/storage/vendor/scss.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php7.3/lib/php') in /home/www/domain.com/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 7
UPDATE: So I navigated to /admin/controller/startup/ and edited the file sass.php and commented out :

// if (!is_file($file) || !$this->config->get('developer_sass')) {
		// 	include_once(DIR_STORAGE . 'vendor/scss.inc.php');			
		// 	$scss = new Scssc();
		// 	$scss->setImportPaths(DIR_APPLICATION . 'view/stylesheet/sass/');
		// 	$output = $scss->compile('@import "_bootstrap.scss"');
		// 	$handle = fopen($file, 'w');
		// 	flock($handle, LOCK_EX);
		// 	fwrite($handle, $output);
		// 	fflush($handle);
		// 	flock($handle, LOCK_UN);
		// 	fclose($handle);
		// }

Now it works, I can access my Admin Section again, but will I need this in the future?

Thanks
Last edited by straightlight on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:31 am

2019-07-04 18:02:18 - PHP Warning: include_once(/home/www/domain.com/storage/vendor/scss.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/dev.oldamishdewormer.com/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 7

Missing file on your server, not a bug.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by atrane » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:41 am

Technically, it is a bug because it broke the UI/UX, even if there is a missing file, it should not cause a 500 Internal Server Error, this should be handled with a printed out error, not to mention the fact that I could not change it because I could no longer access the Admin section. I even created the file it was "missing" and still did not resolve the issue, only when I commented out the code was I able to access the Admin section again.

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:54 am

Technically, it is a bug because it broke the UI/UX, even if there is a missing file, it should not cause a 500 Internal Server
Especially when other people do not report this behavior from OC. If it'd be a bug, there would be frequent reports about it which isn't the case. Otherwise, nobody pretty much would be able to use the SASS cache and the developers cache.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by atrane » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:02 am

I appreciate your response, however, in my years of QA experience, if a single user reports an issue as this, it is deemed a bug and fixed to prevent any future reports, as the saying goes, if 1 user finds it, eventually another will also, and so on, but it is what it is. I resolved the issue and thus, I will close this from the forum.

Thanks

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:09 am

atrane wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:02 am
I appreciate your response, however, in my years of QA experience, if a single user reports an issue as this, it is deemed a bug and fixed to prevent any future reports, as the saying goes, if 1 user finds it, eventually another will also, and so on, but it is what it is. I resolved the issue and thus, I will close this from the forum.

Thanks
That analogy would be incorrect. Major incidents are based on multiple reports where users needs to create incident requests. If 1 user posts an issue among others where their stores are working as expected, it's not a bug; it's a server configuration issue from 1 user.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by atrane » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:17 am

Okay, I appreciate your responses, however, I do not appreciate your condescending and plain out erroneous reply(s). Its apparent that we will not agree with the "issue" that was, and im not interested in an arm wrestling match with you, so I will leave this at that, and it is what it is. No further response is needed. You have yourself a very good day!

Thank you.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:02 am

Have it your way. What you're reporting is not a bug as the rest goes to you to configure your storage folder properly.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dazmaster9 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:08 pm

I have the exact same issue. I download OC this morning, so latest version, I installed on localhost, only the bare installation, no custom theme, I then signed into admin and clicked the gears icon to turn cache off, i hit the button a couple of times, got a json error and now my admin pannel is not accessible just throwing errors:

Trying to access array offset on value of type null in C:\xampp\storage\vendor\scss.inc.php on line 1753
(hundreds of times) :-(

so there is a bug, I have seen it posted on other forums as well, so mine is a fresh install, no custom theme, no other extensions, zero mods, i had not touched settings or files, the first thing I wanted to do was disable cache.
Last edited by straightlight on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.

Post by straightlight » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:45 pm

dazmaster9 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:08 pm
I have the exact same issue. I download OC this morning, so latest version, I installed on localhost, only the bare installation, no custom theme, I then signed into admin and clicked the gears icon to turn cache off, i hit the button a couple of times, got a json error and now my admin pannel is not accessible just throwing errors:

Trying to access array offset on value of type null in C:\xampp\storage\vendor\scss.inc.php on line 1753
(hundreds of times) :-(

so there is a bug, I have seen it posted on other forums as well, so mine is a fresh install, no custom theme, no other extensions, zero mods, i had not touched settings or files, the first thing I wanted to do was disable cache.
OC version?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by sw!tch » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:03 am

dazmaster9 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Also list your PHP version. I think this is an issue in PHP 7.4 , maybe roll back to 7.3 and see if you still get the error.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by dccTrader » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 am

I ran into the same problem today.
You might try and change the code in /storage/vendor/scss.inc.php , line 1753 to:

if (is_array($key)) $key = $key[1];
That worked for me.
Hope this helps.

Post by liyeah » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:13 am

dccTrader wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:29 am
I ran into the same problem today.
You might try and change the code in /storage/vendor/scss.inc.php , line 1753 to:

if (is_array($key)) $key = $key[1];
That worked for me.
Hope this helps.
This worked for me. Thanks!

Post by the-mikael-johansson » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:19 am

Hi!

I also got the "include_once(): Failed opening '/home/www/domain.com/storage/vendor/scss.inc.php' " issue and I think it was caused by a failing movement of the storage folder. The issue prevented me to login to the admin page. Steps to reproduce:

1. Replace existing opencart 3.0.2.0 files with 3.0.3.2.
2. Browsed to mysite.com/install and upgraded it successfully
3. Logged into the admin page and got a "Move storage" popup. The recommendation was to move outside the www-dir, but that is not allowed at my webhosting provider so when I pressed "Automatically move" it failed. After that I got the error message saying the scss.inc.php was not found.

Quick fix:
The system/storage folder was still there, so I manually moved it to the www root dir and manually updated the DIR_STORAGE define in the admin/config.php and main config.php file with the new storage location.

So the bug might be that opencart cannot handle failing movement of the storage folder.

Best regards,

Mikael