Post by martinjones » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:27 pm

I am using OC 3.0.2.0 and customer has asked me to enable PayPal Express. PayPal Standard works fine as does Stripe. My theme is a slightly adapted version of the default (mainly css changes).

All seemed fine except for two problems:
(1) When first opened the popup window says something went wrong; clicking Try Again and it works ok.
(2) When PayPal payment has been made, the popup stays open and shows the payment completed page within the popup rather than closing it to show the completion page.

If you have any suggestions about how to make this work I would be pleased to hear them!

Thanks
Martin

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:06 am

Download all files that contains 'pp_express' in their filenames from my namespace: https://github.com/straightlight/opencart_contributions . Take a screenshot of your admin PP express form page and uninstall the extension. Then, replace all files that contains 'pp_express' from your downloads to your server on each appropriate folders (can be done automatically via FTP)

Then, reinstall the extension, re-fill the admin PP express form. Retry a transaction during checkout. This fix should resolved the issue.

In the mean time, you do not need to create a new topic about this.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by martinjones » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:15 am

Thanks for a fast reply. In a separate query I asked if this applies to v3.0.2.0 as well as the latest version - is that the case?
It seems the only files that apply are:
(1) upload/admin/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php
(2) upload/catalog/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php

Is that correct?

Thanks!
Martin
Last edited by martinjones on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:18 am

As mentioned on the previous post, all files that contains: 'pp_express' in them.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by martinjones » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:23 am

I've tried as you suggested but I get this error when I try to enable the PayPal Express extension:

Notice: Undefined property: Proxy::getUnmatchedZoneCodes in /xxxxxx/public_html/admin/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php on line 183

Clearly something isn't right. Can you point me in the right direction please?
Thanks
Martin

Post by straightlight » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:07 am

martinjones wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:23 am
I've tried as you suggested but I get this error when I try to enable the PayPal Express extension:

Notice: Undefined property: Proxy::getUnmatchedZoneCodes in /xxxxxx/public_html/admin/controller/extension/payment/pp_express.php on line 183

Clearly something isn't right. Can you point me in the right direction please?
Thanks
Martin
You're absolutely right. Something isn't right: https://github.com/straightlight/openca ... s.php#L429 . As you can see, in my project, the method name is there but not from the files you decided to download. Please download all files that contains: pp_express, not by random files.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Gilmore » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:21 am

When you say ALL files that have pp_express in it, do you mean the 2 files that are shown as Updated pp_express or are there more in the master to use?
Do you have a list of all files that need the update or a list of the manual edits to make?

I have tried this both ways... uploading the 2 files that show update on them and then with the master, minus the non-pp_express files and it breaks it every time.

I'm stumped at this point! LOL

Thanks!

Gilmore

Post by straightlight » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:14 am

All files that contains the name: pp_express in it.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Gilmore » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:36 am

Yes sir I did that to. I downloaded your master from that link, then removed all the files that weren't pp_express and then uploaded those files. When I would try to install PP Express, the left box at the top where you can click on PP Express, the text is all gone. Then I keep getting PayPal authorization fails. A red error banner across the top. And it no longer opens a popup, it just open PP in the web page. And I'm not seeing any errors in the logs.
Would it help if I placed the catalog/view/theme/default/template/extension/payment/ 2 - pp_express files to my theme, SO_Ladaz?

I've attached the tree where I found payment/pp_express files. I hope that is correct. Please let me know!

Attachments

PP_express_B4.png

PP_express_B4.png (56.3 KiB) Viewed 1227 times

pp_express_tree.png

pp_express_tree.png (17.49 KiB) Viewed 1235 times

Thanks!

Gilmore

Post by straightlight » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 am

You must uninstall the extension before replacing the files. Then, upload the new files to their locations. Then, to reinstall the extension from the OC admin. Then, to enable the debug mode in the OC Admin extensions payment page. Then, to set your site under maintenance. Lastly, try the extension from checkout. Then, see the error logs from your OC Admin's System Maintenance page.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON