Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:58 am

Let me first say that I really appreciate all your help and patience. I'm getting close to having this working and now I'm working on the UPS shipping. I've spent several days searching google and the forums on how to setup UPS shipping in OC 3.0 but there's not much help out there only a lot of posts where people are having issues getting it working and there are a lot of broken links on the UPS.com website so that hasn't been helpful.
OC 3.0 default template.

When adding items to the shopping cart the UPS option doesn't show only the Flat Rate option which I included for testing.

Got my UPS Access Key and typed in my password, etc.
Enabled the UPS option.
Geo Zone is set to All Zones

Do I still need to create all the Geo Zones for the US or does this info come automatically by activating the UPS option?
UPS mentions getting a developer kit or a Developer API but I can't find it on their site. Is this required or is this already in OC?

Kevin
Last edited by KDSLABY on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:16 am

Never mind for now. The UPS zip file link on the UPS download page is working now. Yesterday it would only give me an error.

thnx
ks

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:56 am

I'm still stuck. The UPS shipping option doesn't show up when checking out only the Flat Rate option.
If I remove Flat Rate option then I get a warning:

Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!

My settings:
Required Shipping is set to YES all products.
I set all the package sizes and weights.
Under Settings I created a new Geo Zone called: USA Shipping
Zone: All Zones

Under Extensions I have:
Loaded UPS option
Entered my new Access Key
Entered my UPS user name and password.
Geo Zone is set to USA Shipping
Enabled UPS option.

After researching I found info that says to do this:

IN:
/catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php

REPLACE:
$this->config->get('ups_

WITH:
$this->config->get('shipping_ups_

But it didn't work..

Searching some more on OC I found this info:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... ff=unified

It looks like these four files being edited.
upload/admin/controller/extension/shipping/ups.php
upload/admin/language/en-gb/extension/shipping/ups.php
upload/admin/view/template/extension/shipping/ups.twig
upload/catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php

I made backup copies of the above files then replaced the code in the original files with what is in the above posted files but it still gives me the same error.

Anything else I can try?
Regards
Kevin

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:00 am

I know nothing about UPS shipment but I tried for you .. because you tried ..

I set this up and it works .. OC3.0.3.2 default and only my own extensions ..

(it doesn’t because I do not have an access key, but it shows up as a shipping option for both USA and All Zones)

Maybe something here will stand out / make sense.

Attachments

Screen-Shot-2019-09-02c.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-09-02c.jpg (31.29 KiB) Viewed 4210 times

Screen-Shot-2019-09-02b.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-09-02b.jpg (34.3 KiB) Viewed 4210 times

Screen-Shot-2019-09-02.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-09-02.jpg (58.66 KiB) Viewed 4210 times

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:22 am

Thanks for trying Mona.
I used all your settings except the weight (lbs) and length (inches) but nothing worked for me. I thought I was onto something when I saw the Sort set to 0 on my page but I changed it to 1 and it still didn't work. I cleared the cache and F5'd several times but no changes.

I've been living off coffee for two days and my brain is fried. I don't know where I am going wrong. :-[

ks

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:26 am

business is good you can afford coffee ...

1. do you have any error logs?
SYSTEM => Maintenance => Error Logs
2. Make a note of the settings and try again in test mode
Without the API username etc => i.e.. check the opencart part without the UPS part
3. Extensions - anything related .. admin or shop

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 am

YEP, all kinds of errors..aarrg..

2019-08-25 22:57:41 - PHP Warning: mysqli::__construct(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 7
2019-08-25 22:57:41 - PHP Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 10
2019-08-25 22:57:41 - PHP Warning: DB\MySQLi::__construct(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\system\library\db\mysqli.php on line 10
2019-08-25 22:57:41 - PHP Notice: Undefined variable: mysql in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\install\controller\install\step_3.php on line 280
2019-08-25 22:57:41 - PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'connect_error' of non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\shop\install\controller\install\step_3.php on line 280

ks

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:45 am

ok - clear all those
you are interested in UPS / checkout / shipping
and they will be from an appropriate date

so clear and use the relevant parts of the site and check again

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:50 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:45 am
ok - clear all those
you are interested in UPS / checkout / shipping
and they will be from an appropriate date

so clear and use the relevant parts of the site and check again
ok. I cleared the errors then made another purchase and no errors showed back up in the log file.

ks

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:02 am

I suggest you take my screenshot and replicate it exactly and make a purchase from a US address -
in test mode
no actual details (username /account / password etc)
just replicate and test

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:02 am
I suggest you take my screenshot and replicate it exactly and make a purchase from a US address -
in test mode
no actual details (username /account / password etc)
just replicate and test
I replicated your screen shot settings this time with this error:
Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.
United Parcel Service
250003: Invalid Access License number

Kevin

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:30 am

I discovered that I had UPS error logging turned off. I turned it back on then made another purchase and got a long error code about three pages long. Should I still display it here?

ks

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:31 am

ok - put in
access key
username
password

dont change anything else and test

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:39 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:31 am
ok - put in
access key
username
password

dont change anything else and test
I did. That's this three page error I received. I've posted part of the error and I removed my password info from the error log.
Keep in mind this is only a partial of the error:

2019-09-02 1:25:47 - UPS DATA SENT: <?xml version="1.0"?><AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US"> <AccessLicenseNumber>myupsaccesscode</AccessLicenseNumber> <UserId>MYUPSUSERID</UserId> <Password>MYUPSPASSWORD</Password></AccessRequest><?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"> <Request> <TransactionReference> <CustomerContext>Bare Bones Rate Request</CustomerContext> <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion> </TransactionReference> <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction> <RequestOption>shop</RequestOption> </Request> <PickupType> <Code>01</Code> </PickupType> <Shipment> <Shipper> <Address> <City>LINCOLN</City> <StateProvinceCode>NE</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode>68522-1206</PostalCode> </Address> </Shipper> <ShipTo> <Address> </Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>
2019-09-02 1:25:47 - UPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Bare Bones Rate Request</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Succement></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>
2019-09-02 1:26:44 - UPS DATA SENT: <?xml version="1.0"?><AccessRequest xml:lang="en-US"> <AccessLicenseNumber>MYUPSACCESSCODE</AccessLicenseNumber> <UserId>MYUPSLOGIN</UserId> <Password>MYUPSPASSWORD</Password></AccessRequest><?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US"> <Request> <TransactionReference> <CustomerContext>Bare Bones Rate Request</CustomerContext> <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion> </TransactionReference> <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction> <RequestOption>shop</RequestOption> </Request> <PickupType> <Code>01</Code> </PickupType> <Shipment> <Shipper> <Address> <City>LINCOLN</City> <StateProvinceCode>NE</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode>68522-1206</PostalCode> </Address> </Shipper> <ShipTo> <Address> <City>LINCOLN</City> <StateProvinceCode>NE</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode>68522</PostalCode> <ResidentialAddressIndicator /> </Address> </ShipTo> <ShipFrom> <Address> <City>LINCOLN</City> <StateProvinceCode>NE</StateProvinceCode> <CountryCode>US</CountryCode> <PostalCode>68522-1206</PostalCode> </Address> </ShipFrom> <Package> <PackagingType> <Code>02</Code> </PackagingType> <Dimensions> <UnitOfMeasurement> <Code>IN</Code> </UnitOfMeasurement> <Length>10</Length> <Width>10</Width> <Height>10</Height> </Dimensions> <PackageWeight> <UnitOfMeasurement> <Code>LBS</Code> </UnitOfMeasurement> <Weight>15</Weight> </PackageWeight> </Package> </Shipment></RatingServiceSelectionRequest>
2019-09-02 1:26:44 - UPS DATA RECV: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Bare Bones Rate Request</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>1</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Success</ResponseStatusDescription></Response><RatedShipment><Service><Code>03</Ce>0.00</MonetaryValue></ServiceOptionsCharges><TotalCharges><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>62.39</MonetaryValue></TotalCharges><Weight>15.0</Weight><BillingWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>15.0</Weight></BillingWeight></RatedPackage></RatedShipment></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:42 am

that is not errors
just data
but I would have to read it properly

does it show up?

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:18 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:42 am
that is not errors
just data
but I would have to read it properly

does it show up?
It didn't look like error info to me either but hoped there was something in it. No, I still get the below message:
Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!

To summarize:
If I put in false UPS login info at the UPS Extension level I get an error when checking out indicating that there is an incorrect login or ?? code.
But when I use my actual login info (assuming I'm using the correct info) I get the above warning.

I have no doubt about the UPS Access Code being correct. The only Login/password that I am aware of for logging into UPS is my daily UPS Account Login Name/Password that I use to login into my UPS account. Is there another one that I needed to create to use the UPS Access Code?

I've been searching some more on this issue but still can't find anything that would help me out.
ks
Last edited by KDSLABY on Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:19 am

Seems, to be Opencart UPS shipping problem... I hope it would be fixed in next Opencart version.
To fix it, please, follow next steps:
1. Enter your website file directory through FTP or CPanel
2. Find the file catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php
3. In this file you should find this line: if ($this->config->get('ups_' . strtolower($this->config->get('shipping_ups_origin')) . '_' . $code)) {
4. Replace it with this one: if ($this->config->get('shipping_ups_' . strtolower($this->config->get('shipping_ups_origin')) . '_' . $code)) {
I think you said you did this
but there is a message from today that - thanks guys - they just put back up

viewtopic.php?f=199&t=213396

I wrote an ocmod for that - please check if it works

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by KDSLABY » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:11 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:19 am
Seems, to be Opencart UPS shipping problem... I hope it would be fixed in next Opencart version.
To fix it, please, follow next steps:
1. Enter your website file directory through FTP or CPanel
2. Find the file catalog/model/extension/shipping/ups.php
3. In this file you should find this line: if ($this->config->get('ups_' . strtolower($this->config->get('shipping_ups_origin')) . '_' . $code)) {
4. Replace it with this one: if ($this->config->get('shipping_ups_' . strtolower($this->config->get('shipping_ups_origin')) . '_' . $code)) {

I think you said you did this
but there is a message from today that - thanks guys - they just put back up

viewtopic.php?f=199&t=213396

I wrote an ocmod for that - please check if it works
Thanks again Mona, I'll try that tomorrow...I'm exhausted.

A thought I just had: I haven't installed my pages onto the server yet. I'm building it on my hard drive while my web hosting company installs OC in my web directory. Would not having it loaded on the server cause these issues?

Kevin

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:27 am

wow - it takes me 10 mins to load a new store onto my server - do they charge you by the hour!

sleep .. don’t worry ... cross that bridge when you come to it. Check the OCMOD first.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by xxvirusxx » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:38 pm

You can try with all code from here

I have updated to Master Branch.

From admin copy all code from: controller, model, twig
From catalog copy all code from: model.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România