Post by kerkezos » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Hello,

Lately, I was having an issue with my shopping cart. Let me show you en example.

I put a product A in the cart.
Then, I put a product B in the cart. But, instead of showing this product in the cart, there are others products. Also, the product A is missing from the cart.
Is there a general problem in the 3.0.2 opencart?
Thans in advance

Post by letxobnav » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Well, OC is not neural-network based so things don't just change over time.

Try to determine more specific what "lately" means and then check whether you or your host has made any changes in that timeframe.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by kerkezos » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Lately means that this problem occured to my site the last two weeks. I contacted with my host provider and they said to me that there is a general problem with the opencart version in this issue and opencart developers try to fix this issue. Also, they said that there is also other OC sites that they are having the same proble with the cart. Do you think they are mocking me?

Post by letxobnav » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 am

well, I have no way of knowing what your hosting company is thinking.

The only scenario I know of where people claim that some products are ramdomly added to the cart and others removed is when the guest and customer carts are merged.
The scenario:
1) you added products to the cart while signed in as a customer and then leave, that cart is stored under your customer id.
2) you come back as a guest and add products to your cart, that cart is stored as a guest cart.
3) you then sign in as a customer, at that time your current guest cart is merged with your saved customer cart.

That logic in OC is, let's say, "fragile" and reported to go wrong, products you added as guest are lost and the products you added before as customer added tending people to think that random products are suddenly added.
But that is the only scenario I know of that comes close.

I do know, while not being hosted myself, that hosting companies tend to blame everyone but themselves out of pure policy while having virtually zero knowledge about the applications they are hosting. I also know from experience that when problems suddenly occur, it is either that changes have been made to OC by the OC administrator or to the server setup by the hosting company.

OC, at any version, has bugs but I am not aware of any general problem concerning products being added/removed at random from the cart other than the scenario described above. If your hosting company is aware of any such issue "OC developers are trying to fix", they must be able to provide a GITHUB issue number.

So if nobody made any changes to OC itself, you are not experiencing the above scenario and this issue only started in the last two weeks, I am pretty confident that the issue lies with the hosting company.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan