Post by Dennis_00 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:45 am

Hi all,

I am running OC 3.0.2.0, few weeks ago I installed a caching extention for faster loads of the pages, it works great, until today I decided to show my friend on his iphone how fast is my website. I was not able to scroll most of the pages, yes all these pages were cahced for faster load already. The issue is only with Iphone phones, all anroid phones are ok. Once I found out the issue I tested on 3 other Iphone and they were not able to scroll. Here comes the interesting part.

I cleaned the page cache and all iphones started scrolling. Once it was cached by iphone it worked with android phone also. But when a page is cached for the first time by android phone, you are not able to scroll that page on iphone :crazy:

https://ledsvetlini.com/Kak-da-izberete ... ki-za-kola - For this page I disabled caching you can check you can scroll
https://ledsvetlini.com/Signalni-krushki - this page is cahced for first time with android, if you have Iphone you should not be able to scroll it.

most probably there will be more pages that will get cached by online user and you won't be able to scroll from your iphone

How this can be fixed?

Post by letxobnav » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:30 am

How this can be fixed?
by removing your caching extension

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by opencartmart » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:17 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:30 am
How this can be fixed?
by removing your caching extension
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have a complementary question as I am OP, If I removed the cache extension, how could I make the store super fast again?
Please don't say 'Adding the extension again.' :laugh: :laugh:
Last edited by opencartmart on Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XForm - Opencart Form Builder
Xshippingpro - An advanced Shipping Module
Need Professional support? Skype: opencartmart

Post by Dennis_00 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:23 pm

It is an issue with iOS, there are many similar topic, css need to be edited but don't know exactly, what to edit

https://www.google.com/search?q=iphone+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

Post by letxobnav » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:46 pm

Maybe so but the issue here is that your caching extension page caches stuff it should not, client-side code which is obviously specific for android or iOS.
When you page cache this stuff indiscriminately, you are asking for trouble looking for an easy-lazy performance fix which do not exist.

You could of course also just fix iOS if that seems easier to you.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by Dennis_00 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:30 pm

It caches pages that are ok to cach like home page, cattegoriesproduct pages and etc, caching is not active for cart, account, favorite and etc, also I disabled some for pages. How I can edit CSS?

Post by letxobnav » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:50 pm

It caches pages that are ok to cach like home page, cattegoriesproduct pages and etc
Well, apparently your "ok to page cache" pages are not "ok to page cache", probably because they are filled with journal generated inline css and javascript which are obviously more device OS specific than desired.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:15 pm

opencartmart wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:17 pm
I have a complementary question as I am OP, If I removed the cache extension, how could I make the store super fast again?
Add a better caching extension such as Nitropack Cache from iSense.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Dennis_00 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:50 am

I disabled page caching and it works fine, but site is not that fast anymore, if I find a solution will post here