Post by apvandam » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:23 pm

When I enable guest checkout, it does appear in the checkoutoptions (step1), but clicking on the radio-button causes an problematic error-message popup, no further explination given. Everything on the site is working well under default theme, besides when cleaning the cache in modification (a familiair PHP header-problem). Can that be the cause ? Does anyone know what to do or not to do to really enable guest checkout (essential under EU law) ? I work with the latest Opencart version.

Post by kestas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Do you have installed some extensions? Maybe that can cause the problem.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by apvandam » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:28 pm

I am checking them out (the answer is yes) for 'blanks'. You think this causes the checkout problem as well ?

Post by kestas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:44 pm

Yes, problems with third-party extensions can appear if extensions not properly coded. Try uninstalling one by one, update your modifications, clear cache, and check to see if the issue has gone away.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by letxobnav » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:03 pm

problematic error-message popup
Is it a secret or are we supposed to guess what it reads?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by apvandam » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:35 pm

Examening the extensions is what I am doing right now, and regarding 'secret', there is no secret, clicking guest checkout shows nothing but a popup with error, and no error-log whatsoever, that's why I posed the question.
On the site the checkout-option is empty now until I will find out the solution. Hope to find the cause. Thanks for your respons.

Post by letxobnav » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:49 am

javascript probably so use your web developer tools (console) to see which javascript is failing.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by apvandam » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:54 am

It might be one of those (screenprint). But it's bedtime now 23:00h. Continu tomorrow. Thanks !

Attachments

Schermafdruk 2019-12-04 18.56.44.png

Debugger Firefox - Schermafdruk 2019-12-04 18.56.44.png (711.7 KiB) Viewed 515 times