Post by tsloc » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:09 pm

Dear all forum friends,

I have a strange issue in my new shop. It´s about the product price and calculating of VAT/TAX in front end. When the web browser cache is all cleared and I navigate to my web shop, the prices shows up excl. VAT/TAX. All of the products prices stays like this until I navigate to checkout. In checkout the price shows up incl. TAX, in my case it´s 25%.

If I clear my web browsers cache and return to homepage and refresh it, then the prices including VAT are gone again.

I have tried to find if it´s any module causing this, I have tried to disable cache settings and I have tried to follow when this issue is visible. Like I wrote, I noticed like I wrote that when my web browser cache is cleared then the price issue is there. As soon as I have reached the check out area so the web store have re calculated the price, then is shows up correctly. Clear web browser cache = product prices in web shop excl. VAT/TAX again.

My setup is as following:

Opencart 3.0.3.2
Journal 3.0.44
Complete SEO module
more additional modules (tried to disable most of them)

It there anyone who have seen this issue before? Can anyone give me a hint of what can cause this issue? Or what modules that handle TAX/VAT calculating in front end... I have no clue where to start. Journal theme developers told me that it´s not any theme related thing because the theme itself does not handle taxes in this way.

Any tips or hints are more than welcome right now!

Best regards
Thomas

Post by letxobnav » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:38 pm

enable developer tools in your browser.
network tab, tick "disable cache".
try your test again.

if it now works ok, you are browser caching pages which is obviously not good.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by tsloc » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:15 pm

Hello letxobnav,

I tried your solution without any success. I tried Network tab and "Disable cache" but that did not work... It´s the same price without cache.

What can cause this problem you think?

Bst regards
Thomas

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:17 pm

You're probably using session data to handle the TAX/VAT info. Which extension total are you using?

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by letxobnav » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:40 pm

It´s the same price without cache.
then browser caching is not the issue which is good.
(you kept the developer tool active while testing right?)

perhaps journal is caching as it tends to do a lot.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by tsloc » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:06 pm

Hello Straightlight and letxobnav,

How can I check what extension Total I'm using? This is something I want to look up of course.

Regarding the cache and developer tools, I had the tab open when I refreshed everything so I did not closed it. I have also tried to disable the Journal cache without success what I can see...

I'm really thankful for your help and support!

//Thomas

Post by straightlight » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:09 pm

How can I check what extension Total I'm using?
OC admin - > extensions - > extensions - > order totals (drop-down menu).

or:

OC admin - > extensions - > modifications.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by letxobnav » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:34 pm

I have a strange issue in my new shop. It´s about the product price and calculating of VAT/TAX in front end. When the web browser cache is all cleared and I navigate to my web shop, the prices shows up excl. VAT/TAX. All of the products prices stays like this until I navigate to checkout. In checkout the price shows up incl. TAX, in my case it´s 25%.
let's step back for a minute, you are basically saying that you always see the prices excl. VAT/TAX in the home and product pages but in checkout they always show incl. VAT/TAX right? The mentioning of browser cache clearing and refreshing kind of confuses the issue.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by tsloc » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:43 am

Hello again,

Straightlight:

This is what I find under Extension/Extension/Order Totals:

Coupon Enabled 4
Store Credit Enabled 7
Handling Fee Disabled
Klarna Fee Disabled
Low Order Fee Disabled
Reward Points Enabled 2
Shipping Enabled 3
Sub-Total Enabled
Taxes Enabled 5
Total Enabled 9
Gift Voucher Enabled 8

letxobnav:

Yes, that´s correct. But once that I have navigate to checkout and the price are showing as normal, it stays like that until I clean the cache in the web browser. Then the price excl. VAT/TAX are back again until I navigate to checkout next time.

Maybe it´s a simple issue somewhere but I can´t figure it out. I have used OC with Pavilion theme before without any problem. But now when I have changed it to Journal, I see this issue...

Thank you so much for the support so far my friends!

Best regards
Thomas

Post by straightlight » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:44 am

Total Enabled 9
It's what is under Total Enabled 9; the list that is needed. Also, you haven't posted the list from your admin - > extensions - > modifications page.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tsloc » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:12 am

Hey again,

The thing is that Total Enabled 9, the digit 9 is the sort. All of this options are from the module section "Extension/Extension/Order Totals".

This is weird. I saw that Sub-Total option was with out sort number, so I went to my old store to check if it was the same there. That option in my old shop was with 1 in sort. So I tried to add 1 to Sub-Total in my new shop but it´s impossible to add any sort number to this option! I tried to disable it and enabled it, I also tried to uninstall and then install "Sub-Total" again without any success to add any sort number. I even checked the database if I could set the sort from there but it was not any options for that.

It feels like something blocking the possibility to set any sort number for Sub-Total and I really want to do this because of the similar setting in my old shop. I have checked the user groups and everything is enabled.

Something is causing this and it´s a weird behavior. I try to figure it out. Do you guys have any ideas about what can cause or block this edit sort issue?

//Thomas

Post by sw!tch » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:44 am

tsloc wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:12 am
This is weird. I saw that Sub-Total option was with out sort number, so I went to my old store to check if it was the same there. That option in my old shop was with 1 in sort. So I tried to add 1 to Sub-Total in my new shop but it´s impossible to add any sort number to this option!
The sort order on sub total has a bug in 3.0.x versions.

In the admin sub_total module and corresponding twig file you basically have to swap:

Code: Select all

sub_total_sort_order
with

Code: Select all

total_sub_total_sort_order
See below for the fix and how to implement it if it applies to you

Sub Total Sort Order fix -- viewtopic.php?t=205325#p727480

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by straightlight » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:24 am

Issue already fixed on the master branch.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tsloc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:26 am

Dear forum friends,

I´ve forgot to reply what happend with this issue. I found the solution for my shop, thanks of all the help here
in the forum. The whole tax issue was fixed with the "total_sub_total_sort_order" solution, that worked for me.

I discovered that I had problem to set sort order on sub total under Extensions / Order totals but the
forum thread viewtopic.php?t=205325#p727480 helped me.

Many thanks for your support!

Best regards
Thomas

Post by stavrosa » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:56 pm

Similar issues can be solved if your price in the product page is not showing tax

if you change the settings > shop > calculate tax based on shipping address instead of payment adress

for future use