Post by vsnaustralia » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:43 pm

There seems to be a bug in version 3.0.3.2. Here's a description:

(1) Payment Method is PayPal Express Checkout which is working fine
(2) Updated the order and added a checkmark to "Notify Customer" then clicked on "Add History" but no notification has been sent to the customer.

See screenshot: https://snipboard.io/4sdrkw.jpg

This issue doesn't occur when the payment method is Cash On Delivery.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and can someone please assist?

Thanks,

Ann

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:31 am

Not a bug.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by straightlight » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:31 am

This topic has now been moved to the OpenCart 3.0 Support > General Support section of the forum.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Quino » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:35 am

but no notification has been sent to the customer.
How do you know?

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:44 pm

vsnaustralia wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:43 pm
(2) Updated the order and added a checkmark to "Notify Customer" then clicked on "Add History" but no notification has been sent to the customer.
But when an order is placed with another payment gateway and this box is checked, they do receive the notification?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by vsnaustralia » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:44 am

Quino wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:35 am
but no notification has been sent to the customer.
How do you know?
I did a test and sent it to myself and didn't receive the notification.

Post by vsnaustralia » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:45 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:44 pm
vsnaustralia wrote:
But when an order is placed with another payment gateway and this box is checked, they do receive the notification?
I actually enable "Cash On Delivery" and did a test to myself and didn't get any notification either. Am I missing something here?

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:02 am

vsnaustralia wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:45 am
paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:44 pm
vsnaustralia wrote:
I actually enable "Cash On Delivery" and did a test to myself and didn't get any notification either. Am I missing something here?
Check your OC admin - > extensions - > events page. You should have at least 45 events listed in there.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vsnaustralia » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:29 am

Check your OC admin - > extensions - > events page. You should have at least 45 events listed in there.
[/quote]

Thank you and went into the path you said above but which one affects this issue? Which one should I disable?

In Open Cart's "Resources" section under Documentation, there is NO explanation of the "Events" section. "Documentation" needs updating perhaps for newbies?

Post by sw!tch » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:40 am

Dont disable any of them.

Code: Select all

mail_order_add
and

mail_order_alert
Are the events responsible for sending order email.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by vsnaustralia » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:57 pm

sw!tch wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:40 am
Dont disable any of them.

mail_order_add
and

mail_order_alert
Are the events responsible for sending order email.
Ok... thank you. I'm still unsure on what I need to do in "Events" and how it is associated to my issue.

Post by straightlight » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:24 pm

Look into your OC admin - > extensions - > events page. Do you see all events being active? You can simply roll-over on each rows on the right-end side and notice their statuses. Also, is your OC admin - > systems - > settings - > edit settings - > Mail form properly configured? Take a look at your cPanel > Email Accounts > < your email > Manage button > left-corner table at the bottom for the email SSL configurations. After configuring your email on SMTP settings, rather than Mail from the dropdown menu on the OC admin email form, on the hostname field, just add: ssl:// in front of your hostname.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vsnaustralia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:22 am

straightlight wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:24 pm
Look into your OC admin - > extensions - > events page. Do you see all events being active? You can simply roll-over on each rows on the right-end side and notice their statuses. Also, is your OC admin - > systems - > settings - > edit settings - > Mail form properly configured? Take a look at your cPanel > Email Accounts > < your email > Manage button > left-corner table at the bottom for the email SSL configurations. After configuring your email on SMTP settings, rather than Mail from the dropdown menu on the OC admin email form, on the hostname field, just add: ssl:// in front of your hostname.
All 46 Events are enabled. "Mail" is selected in settings because PHP mail function is enabled by default in the server. Do I have to use SMTP?

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:55 am

vsnaustralia wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:22 am
straightlight wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:24 pm
All 46 Events are enabled. "Mail" is selected in settings because PHP mail function is enabled by default in the server. Do I have to use SMTP?
The SMTP step is already part of the instructions you have quoted on the above.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by vsnaustralia » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:17 am

My understanding of the Mail setting is to choose between "Mail" or "SMTP". "Mail" is what is chosen because PHP mail function is enabled. I don't have to use SMTP or complete the SMTP fields. Am I right?

Also, all 46 events are enabled. The Notify Customer is still not working. I'll have to do a work around if there's no other solution.
Last edited by straightlight on Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quotes.

Post by letxobnav » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:05 pm

You can use PHP mail but only if you are absolutely sure your mail settings are correct because that method does not do any error handling, not even if the mail function returns false, you will not know whether the mail has been send or accepted, just whether it arrives or not.
SMTP does have these error handling capabilities, then again SMTP is slower (because of that).
It's like comparing UTP with TCP.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by straightlight » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:46 pm

vsnaustralia wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:17 am
My understanding of the Mail setting is to choose between "Mail" or "SMTP". "Mail" is what is chosen because PHP mail function is enabled. I don't have to use SMTP or complete the SMTP fields. Am I right?

Also, all 46 events are enabled. The Notify Customer is still not working. I'll have to do a work around if there's no other solution.
Yes, use SMTP.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON