Post by zionhealth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 am

Had a couple customers recently ask how to update a new email address in their account dashboard, and realized that I had never tried this.
Is it possible for customers to update/change their own email address from the front end.
FYI. I can update their email address from admin, no problem.

Post by straightlight » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:11 am

Out-of-the-box, customers and admins cannot add new email addresses to the same customer account. An extension would be required to accomplish this.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by zionhealth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:44 am

Thank you for your response. I did a quick search on the marketplace, but did not find and extensions which allowed customers to change/update their email address. Maybe I missed it.

Can you recommend an extension which adds this feature.

Post by straightlight » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:49 am

If you cannot find an extension that suits your needs, you can always create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum or contact me directly to get this done as a custom job.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by kestas » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:53 am

Yes you can't add additional email address. But i think that main question was about to change email address... So you can easily to change your email address by connecting to your account (customer account) and Edit your account information. There you'll find email which you can easily change.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by straightlight » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:56 am

Update email addresses sure can be done already. However, if it's new email addresses that needs to be added, that requires an extension. Not sure which one in-between but it does indicate updated new email addresses on the first post.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by kestas » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:06 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:56 am
Update email addresses sure can be done already. However, if it's new email addresses that needs to be added, that requires an extension. Not sure which one in-between but it does indicate updated new email addresses on the first post.
I'm not sure but I think that if you want update your email address, I think the address will be new...
I another words, why update the same address? So you can change the old email address to the new one by editing your account information...

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by zionhealth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:30 am

Yes, I have found it now. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Post by straightlight » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:53 am

I another words, why update the same address? So you can change the old email address to the new one by editing your account information...
That would work if this was mentioned on the first post. Since it wasn't, it's why it could of been something else as well. However, since the OP confirmed he found what he needs, the first post will be set to solved.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON