Post by smith_ka » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:01 am

OCV3.0.3.2/ Journal3

Emails for product returns are not working as expected - When attempting to communicate the status of sales returns to the customer I track it through the "return history". However when I check the "notify customer" box, the Email fails to send.

Is there a workaround for this? I would very much like to use this OC feature.

TIA :)

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:31 am

Are all your events active from your OC admin - > extensions - > events page?
Is your email form properly set-up in your OC admin - > systems - > settings - > add / edit setitngs - > Mail tab?

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by smith_ka » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:14 am

Hi Straightlight,

All events are enabled on the events page and my email is set-up correctly in OC admin (it works perfectly when I check the similar "notify customer" for order-status). I think this is a known glitch... just wondering if anyone knew of a workaround for V3.0.3.2?

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:22 am

I did reported model / event issues, still on OC v3.0.3.2, to Daniel last month regarding the returns. Unfortunately, there are still bugs in there but I don't know yet if they've been fixed on the master branch. There has been a solution posted on the OC v2.x section of the forum before but I may not know either if these posts are also suitable for OC v3.x releases at this time ...

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by smith_ka » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:31 am

OK thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled in case anything pops up and also see if I can use any of the older version fixes. At least I can tweak the "order history" email notifications to use for returns in the interim. It just seems a shame to have such a useful functionality and not be able to use it ???

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:37 am

smith_ka wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:31 am
OK thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled in case anything pops up and also see if I can use any of the older version fixes. At least I can tweak the "order history" email notifications to use for returns in the interim. It just seems a shame to have such a useful functionality and not be able to use it ???
Unfortunately, I would have to agree on that one - at least based on the core's perspective - especially due to the COVID-19 situation. Many customers may want to find a way to return their products from the store which, sadly, there are still some bugs needed to be fixed. I do, however, encourage to keep an opened door to your contact us page in case major incidents are reported to you regarding the returned products until the issue being resolved.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by letxobnav » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:14 am

event trigger admin/model/sale/return/addReturn/after
should be admin/model/sale/return/addReturnHistory/after

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by straightlight » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:23 am

Yes, that is one of them but there's more when submitting the return form from the catalog-end side. The model or controller keys needs to be fixed.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON