Post by dkaczmarek » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Hello All.
I try to upgrade my opencart from 1.5. When I hit "Continue" on the Upgrade page, after a while, I get the message: "Internal Server Error Internal Server Error Error: A theme has not been assigned to this store!"
I attached the screenshot from the website.
Please help me resolve this issue.

--
Best regards
DK

Attachments

upgrade_problem.PNG

upgrade_problem.PNG (180.69 KiB) Viewed 479 times

Post by straightlight » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:20 pm

For upgrade issues, please create a new service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, or contact me directly, to get this issue investigated as a custom job.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ashleybr217 » Fri May 01, 2020 4:25 pm

You were not using the default theme on OpenCart 1.5 and it didn't match with the structure of Opencart version 3.0. To resolve it, before the Opencart upgrade process, access to admin->extension->extension-> theme. Choose the default theme and enable it or you can also remove your current theme, then save it in admin->system->settings, and do not forget to clear cache.

If it works, please let me know your opinion

Post by straightlight » Fri May 01, 2020 7:38 pm

ashleybr217 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:25 pm
You were not using the default theme on OpenCart 1.5 and it didn't match with the structure of Opencart version 3.0. To resolve it, before the Opencart upgrade process, access to admin->extension->extension-> theme. Choose the default theme and enable it or you can also remove your current theme, then save it in admin->system->settings, and do not forget to clear cache.

If it works, please let me know your opinion
Not enough. Manual database patching also needs to be done to apply such an upgrade.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by dkaczmarek » Fri May 01, 2020 9:29 pm

I revert to my 1.5.x version and confirm that I was using default theme. So I think it is something more. In the instruction attached to the new version the upgrade looks so easy :)

Post by straightlight » Fri May 01, 2020 9:32 pm

dkaczmarek wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:29 pm
I revert to my 1.5.x version and confirm that I was using default theme. So I think it is something more. In the instruction attached to the new version the upgrade looks so easy :)
Depending on the store's condition and the mount of total database values it may contain, the procedure may become more complicated when store owners don't know how to deal with them. Which is why, it is highly recommended to seek for professional assistance from the Commercial Support section of the forum, or to contact a reliable developer, to complete such upgrades without impacting the stores.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON