Post by jrr » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:48 am

I'm having trouble installing 3.0 to my web site for testing.
I have uploaded the /Install directory files, checked file permissions (all are 755), changed the two configure file names and taken a look at .htaccess.
When I try to run the install file with my browser it gets to /catalog/install/index.php and stall giving the following message:

Code: Select all

Warning: fopen(/.../catalog/system/storage/session//sess_24deeef072314447279662e498): failed to open stream: Permission denied in 
/.../catalog/system/library/session/file.php on line 29Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in 
/.../catalog/system/library/session/file.php on line 31Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in 
/.../catalog/system/library/session/file.php on line 33Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in 
/.../catalog/system/library/session/file.php on line 35Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in 
/.../catalog/system/library/session/file.php on line 37Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, bool given in 
/.../catalog/system/library/session/file.php on line 39
(PHP errors turned on of course)

I have checked /catalog/system/storage/session directory but no files are evident other than .htaccess and index.php.
I have enabled hidden files (otherwise .htaccess would be hidden), but how do I see/delete session files that aren't there?

Suggestions would be appreciated. I do wonder if this is some artifact from another .htaccess file, but I have reviewed high directory files and none see to block session cache files from being visible.
Thanks!
Last edited by straightlight on Wed May 06, 2020 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.

jrr

Post by jrr » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:10 am

Changing permissions on:

/system/storage/logs/
/system/storage/cache/

From 755 to 777 'fixed' the problem, however it introduces huge security issues. There must be a better way - perhaps a .htaccess line?
I am not happy with this solution and will keep looking.

jrr

Post by jrr » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:30 am

The problem was related to .htaccess and how php was set up on my server.
Setting up Su-exec solved the issue of requiring 777 permissions - my server was not running the admin user as the admin name, rather it was as if the user was world. Fixing the php setup resolved it.
In my .htaccess I needed:

Code: Select all

# Enable suEXEC by uncommenting the following 2 lines of code
Action application/x-yyyy-sphp /cgi-bin/php5.cgi
AddType application/x-yyyy-sphp .php
Last edited by straightlight on Wed May 06, 2020 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.

jrr

Post by Elevate » Wed May 06, 2020 1:27 am

I thought I'd post my observation on this too. I just upgraded from 3.0.3.2 to 3.0.3.3

The storage folder was moved prior to /home/cpanel_username/ like I was prompted when installing 3.0.3.2

When I uploaded 3.0.3.3 keeping this same file structure, I was given the same error that you guys are describing. In order to clear this, I had to upload /storage (and everything within) to /home/cpanel_username/public_html/system to clear the errors.

ELEV8TE Website Development
https://www.elev8your.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by straightlight » Wed May 06, 2020 3:08 am

Elevate wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:27 am
I thought I'd post my observation on this too. I just upgraded from 3.0.3.2 to 3.0.3.3

The storage folder was moved prior to /home/cpanel_username/ like I was prompted when installing 3.0.3.2

When I uploaded 3.0.3.3 keeping this same file structure, I was given the same error that you guys are describing. In order to clear this, I had to upload /storage (and everything within) to /home/cpanel_username/public_html/system to clear the errors.
This FAQ (first post) may also help you: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p717782 .

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Elevate » Thu May 07, 2020 7:45 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 3:08 am
Elevate wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:27 am

This FAQ (first post) may also help you: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p717782 .
Thanks. I wasn't looking for help though. I was posting my experience in case someone else has this same error in the future. The upgrade script doesn't seem to be able to determine if the storage folder was moved or not.

ELEV8TE Website Development
https://www.elev8your.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by straightlight » Thu May 07, 2020 8:08 pm

The upgrade script doesn't seem to be able to determine if the storage folder was moved or not.
Correct. It doesn't determine that unfortunately.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON