Post by sooraj84 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:47 pm

Hi Team i am using v 2.3 .0.2 and trying to use Marketing email using SMTP configuration. if i send email to particular customer it work well but if i send to all subscriber i get error after sending 10-20 emails then through error RCPT not accepted by Sever!
so i raise it with hosting and solution suggested is as below : can you suggest how to change setting for sending number of email and interval?

I think the issue resides in the large number of messages the application attempts to send in a short period of time. Make sure that you do not send all messages at once and that each message do not exceed more than 20-30 recipients and there are at least 10 seconds delay between each message:

Post by thekrotek » Sat May 09, 2020 4:22 pm

You'd better get yourself an extension for this. Default mass mailing functionality is too strict and simple.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by sooraj84 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:17 pm

Thanks for the reply do you have any recommendation extension?
what i was looking otherwise is to add interval says 10 seconds for every 10 email in below code of admin/controller/marketing/contact.php.

Code: Select all

case 'newsletter':
						$customer_data = array(
							'filter_newsletter' => 1,
							'start'             => ($page - 1) * 10,
							'limit'             => 10
						);
Last edited by straightlight on Sat May 09, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.