Post by duartemv » Mon May 18, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi,

I know there are a lot of posts related to this, but I couldn't find one with a similar symptom.
I have OC 3.0.3.2 installed, with custom theme, and some other extensions.

When I try to Checkout an order, I get a popup window with:

internal error server
internal error server

The strange thing about it is that it happens either by checking out as a customer or doing it internally. If I try to change the status of the order to any status, I get the error.
So I decided to access the database and change the order_status_id manually, and since then I can change the order status through the dashboard, to any status I want.

And that is it. I tried looking for an error log but couldn't find one with the date stamp coinciding with the error.
I also tried disabling and enabling some of the extensions: fraud, captcha, analytics, custom email, etc, without success.

What could be causing this?
What log file could store the info about this type of error?

Thank you

Post by sw!tch » Tue May 19, 2020 2:52 am

For internal server errors, check your main server error logs. They typically reside in the home directory of your webspace.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by straightlight » Tue May 19, 2020 5:53 am

If the error_log file cannot be found and you're using cPanel to host your domain, you could also look in your FTP or in your cPanel > File Manager > logs folder for all recent 500 indexes which will also contain detailed error messages.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by duartemv » Fri May 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Thank you for the suggestions but really can't find the log files...
But I was able to find a way to get more detailed info of the error when it happens, and it seems to be related with the email settings. This is part of the error message.

Code: Select all

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error: Password not accepted from server!' in /home/fx1jl7eb/public_html/system/library/mail/smtp.php:205
I found this error display solution at https://loja5.zendesk.com/hc/pt-br/arti ... -Opencart-

I've actually been having some issues with the email servers regarding SMTP settings and I' currently trying to solve it.
I'll provide update when I have this email issue fixed and if it solved the database error warning.
Last edited by straightlight on Fri May 22, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags.

Post by duartemv » Fri May 22, 2020 7:13 pm

So basically it was an error on email setup.

My email provider made some changes a few months back and he probably notified me, but I didn't take notice. My bad...
Also because I put the online store down during the COVID quarantine and didn't receive any orders during this period that might show me the errors.

Just changed the settings within HOME > STORE > SETTINGS > MAIL
Namely:
- the hostname (one of the major changes) , including ssl:// at the beginning, according to this post: viewtopic.php?t=211516
- password (I also made this change a couple of days ago and cannot always remember where I need to update it although this one in this case is a huge issue...)
- SMTP Port: default one is 25 and with the ssl it is 465

Everything is working. No I just need to setup some email templates because the customer is not notified when he successfully places an order. Only me.

Still can't find the errors logs though...

Post by straightlight » Fri May 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Everything is working. No I just need to setup some email templates because the customer is not notified when he successfully places an order. Only me.
OC admin > extensions > events page. How many events?

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by duartemv » Fri May 22, 2020 10:09 pm

33 events

I have a custom mod for email templates, but it is using the Default email template for all order status except Complete status.
It worked fine so far.

Post by straightlight » Fri May 22, 2020 11:10 pm

33 events
OC v3.0.3.2 release has 45 events listed by default. Either you have removed some of the events or some might be missing since the installation / upgrade date. I would suggest to truncate that table and re-insert all the values by using the SQL query from your install/opencart.sql file, from your OC ZIP file downloaded from opencart.com . Should you have additional event queries originating from extensions, I would highly recommended to create a database backup before proceeding with any database queries.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON