Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:35 am

Ok here is something that has me a bit "vexed".
I have my dashboard and "customers online" showing over 7 thousand with the majority from one IP address in Russia.
I blocked the IP address in my htaccess over 11 hours ago and contacted my webhost and they said they also have had that IP blocked but every 2 to 3 seconds a new entry is in the "customers online" page.

Code: Select all

https://www.webstore.com/index.php?&bfp_o18_18170=
18170&bfp_o18_18180=18180&
amp;bfp_o18_18190=18190&bf
p_o18_18210=18210&bfp_pric
e_max=0&bfp_price_min=0&am
p;bfp_s0_5=5&bfp_s0_6=6&am
p;bfp_s0_7=7&bfp_s0_8=8&am
p;bfp_s0_9=9&bfp_search=&a
mp;path=http://some-inexistent
-website.acu/some_inexistent_f
ile_with_long_name%3F.jpg&
route=product/category
Here is one of them but as I wrote there are over seven thousand of such entries.

Anyone have any idea why I get so many of these from a single IP where both myself, via htaccess, and my webhost have the IP blocked?

Thanks,
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by rjcalifornia » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:11 am

Cue4cheap wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:35 am

I have my dashboard and "customers online" showing over 7 thousand

Here is one of them but as I wrote there are over seven thousand of such entries.

Anyone have any idea why I get so many of these from a single IP where both myself, via htaccess, and my webhost have the IP blocked?
That shouldn't be happening. Do you have another device that you can use to access the store, get the IP, block it and check if the IP is actually being blocked?

How is your webhost blocking the IP address?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:42 am

rjcalifornia wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:11 am
That shouldn't be happening. Do you have another device that you can use to access the store, get the IP, block it and check if the IP is actually being blocked?
How is your webhost blocking the IP address?
No idea why the htaccess didn't block it and even with the host saying they were blocking it apparently they were not. They were not forthcoming in why even though they swore they were already blocking that IP. They finally did block it but it is a bit concerning why my htaccess deny statement didn't work.

Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by rjcalifornia » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:50 am

Cue4cheap wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:42 am

No idea why the htaccess didn't block it and even with the host saying they were blocking it apparently they were not. They were not forthcoming in why even though they swore they were already blocking that IP. They finally did block it but it is a bit concerning why my htaccess deny statement didn't work.

Mike
Sometimes that happens. I'm glad they finally block the IP addresses

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide